Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like they have gone up town on there power supplies now i have just got one to run tests on and its passed a good test now for 3days running a 8800 gtx and all my pc got 4 hdds 1 sata dvd rw , asus rampage motherboard q6600 overclocked to 3.6 ,9 fans and my water cooling rig with 2 pumps and 2x neons, i have run prime for 2days and 3d make at same time to stress it
all well up to yet still testing it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,521 Posts
What, this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winpower-Plus-850w-Power-Supply/dp/B004P9UDA4]Winpower Plus 850w Dual Fan Power Supply Unit PSU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/URL]

It's garbage. If it can do 850W then I'm a talking banana pig. Only reason yours hasn't blown up or crashed is because you're putting only a 300W load on it. Throw a couple GTX580s at is and this "850W" will go up in smoke.
 

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129;14147013
What, this?
Winpower Plus 850w Dual Fan Power Supply Unit PSU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It's garbage. If it can do 850W then I'm a talking banana pig. Only reason yours hasn't blown up or crashed is because you're putting only a 300W load on it. Throw a couple GTX580s at is and this "850W" will go up in smoke.
At least he's happy with his purchase, though I'd hate to see his future components go boom if he ever upgrades close to the 800W threshold.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin;14147054
At least he's happy with his purchase, though I'd hate to see his future components go boom if he ever upgrades close to the 800W threshold.
Yeah, well ignorance is bliss.
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129;14147013
What, this?
Winpower Plus 850w Dual Fan Power Supply Unit PSU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It's garbage. If it can do 850W then I'm a talking banana pig. Only reason yours hasn't blown up or crashed is because you're putting only a 300W load on it. Throw a couple GTX580s at is and this "850W" will go up in smoke.
your a a bully and thats why sites like this dont get new people!
you take the piss out of everything not all of us have lots of money
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.pc.2011;14148948
your a a bully and thats why sites like this dont get new people!
you take the piss out of everything not all of us have lots of money
He is just telling you the truth.

He has more PSU knowledge in the tip of his pinky than I have in my entire brain, and yet some people on here think I'm a PSU expert (although I disagree with them).

Would you rather have him lie to you? In modern systems like ours, the PSU is absolutely the single-most important part of the entire system. I've seen many horror stories on here by people using low quality PSUs like this Winpower where the death of the PSU killed their entire system.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyz72;14149159
way to gang up on him.
mad.gif
If I had that PSU or some PSU similar to it, then I'd want the cold hard truth instead of people just not telling me.

I mean, it's either a matter of someone saying something or not saying anything at all. What are we supposed to do? Should we say what he wants to hear? Should we just not say anything? Or should we be honest with him so that he isn't surprised if this PSU ends up being the death of either a part of his system, or even the entire thing?

I mean what are the options?

The sad fact is that there are some people who can take truth like this very gracefully (and with sincere gratitude), and then there are others who are very sensitive. To be honest, I am more the sensitive type but yet I'd still want someone like Phaedrus2129 to care enough to be completely honest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,521 Posts
If someone bought a counterfeit Rolex, would you let them find out on their own when it falls apart in a month? Or tell them right away so they could avoid the embarrassment?

If someone buys a 350W PSU masquerading as an 850W, I'll tell them.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top