Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by bicolormoth View Post

after upgrading my Dad's PC Win7 to Win10 i have no network connection. this is the troubleshooter message: ''windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing''

some research seems to point towards the Winsock registry entries? , but i am lost and could do with some solid advice before i make any changes.

any help appreciated.
thumb.gif

Happy New Year all , Russell.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I followed the above 'fix', except i could not find step 7: ''internet protocol (TCP/IP)'' , instead i opted for ''reliable multicast protocol'' from the list, as that was already showing in the option window before clicking ''have disk'' for options. it did not resolve the issue, however the troubleshooter now says ''Local area connection'' does not have a valid IP configuration - not fixed''

1) Start > Run > type "regedit" > hit enter.

2) Locate the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

3) Right click and delete the entire Winsock key and the Winsock2 keys.

4) Close regedit.

Now, re-install TCP/IP overtop itself (it's a core component and can't be uninstalled, so we improvise..)

1) Login as admin. In control panel open up, "Network and Sharing Center"

2) Right click "Local Area Connection", and then click "Properties"

3) Under the This Component Uses the Following Items dialog box, click Install

4) Click Protocol, and then click Add

5) Click Have Disk

6) In the Copy Manufacture's files from box, type C:\windows\inf and then click OK.

7) In the list of protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click OK. Restart computer.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd recommend undoing any changes you made following the YouTube tutorial linked above. It isn't applicable to the issue you're facing, and is most likely causing the new issue with the default gateway. Once you've done this, try following the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start in the bottom left
2. Click on Device Manager
3. Expand the Network Adapters section
4. Right click on the network adapter shown
5. Click Uninstall
6. Shut down your PCC

7. Restart your router
8. Boot your PC, check your internet connection, report back with what you're getting if any errors continue to appear.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, done that. new troubleshoot message now says: ''Ethernet' doesn't have a valid IP configuration . The ethernet network connetion remains 'disconnected''.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we stil cannot connect to the local network. we know the router id working as we can connect wirelessly with 2 laptops but not by ethernet on the pc. please help.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will try it thanks. did that, updated mobo drivers, see below. message still reads: ''ethernet'' has no valid IP

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does nobody have any ideas what is going on here? , most problems are usually resolved a little easier than this, i am sure this is only something simple but we are just not quite hiting the nail on the head..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts