Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the below, on random programs when trying to shut down

Skype has the error every shutdown, but if I uninstall Skype it will be a completely random program, every now and again. With Skype installed, its every shutdown.

Any ideas? Bit stuck on this one
mad.gif

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
If you have disk caching disabled, enable it.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
What have you tried?

What was the last thing done prior to this issue starting? Anything, installed skype for the first time, updated it, etc etc etc no matter how mundane what do you remember?

What major changes have you recently done? New hardware? Just installed 10?

Is this on your sig rig? What drive is the os installed on? Have you confirmed drive is 100% healthy?

Have you ran memtest?

Also, it may be worthwhile to confirm the windows files are healthy, please see below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

If you have disk caching disabled, enable it.
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post

What have you tried?

What was the last thing done prior to this issue starting? Anything, installed skype for the first time, updated it, etc etc etc no matter how mundane what do you remember?

What major changes have you recently done? New hardware? Just installed 10?

Is this on your sig rig? What drive is the os installed on? Have you confirmed drive is 100% healthy?

Have you ran memtest?

Also, it may be worthwhile to confirm the windows files are healthy, please see below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
Yes, sig rig. It's a relatively new install of win10, maybe 6-10 weeks in. Had the win10 upgrade version before that with no issues, then bought a retail copy to do a clean install with etc

No notable installations etc, I'm pretty OCD yet mundane with my installations. Even Skype had been working fine for weeks.

Edit: No issue was found by SFC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts