Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, or even if this is an appropriate site.. but here goes... hopefully someone can assist me.

I'm pretty familiar with malware removal and most of the time I do it pretty effectively, but this little guy seems to elude me. I've scanned with Spybot, Adaware and Malware Bytes. Spybot first found 20 some odd instances of Win32.Agent.svc and removed them. Still had a problem. Scanned with Adaware, it found one infected file, removed it. Still a problem. Scanned with Malware Bytes, it found several infected files, removed them and then had me reboot. After reboot everything was fine for a while and then it seems to have came back.

Scanned with Spybot again and it found more files. The files have different names each time and are always located in my temp folder. Files are like, dqtl.tmp eblb.tmp qtyy.tmp etc, and are all svchost.exe.

The only visible problem is that it's hijacking my browsing. For example I'll click a link to go to overclock.net in google, and it'll take me to some random site for hotels or something.

Any help is appreciated. I hope I've been thorough enough in my description.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Use Avast
Install avast and then update the program then do a reboot,

Open avasts interface and then search for the Boot time scan and then set it for a scan at the next reboot,

Let it boot and do a scan if it finds anything it will ask you what you want to do SELECT ( delete all ),

Make sure that it does a scan of all installed Hdd's and before you start disable system restore because thats were some Problems can lay dorment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts