Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 computers both with Windows 7 64-bit that refuse to install any USB Wireless devices. It detects the device, even identifies it correctly and then hangs. Device Manager will show the device as if it has installed correctly. However, no portion of Windows Wireless management is accessible.

I can attempt to Update Driver, but the same result happens where it ultimately times out. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? If I can't get this resolved here, I'm going to have to burn a Technet ticket on the problem.

Bear in mind, it isn't an issue connecting to an existing wireless network. I cannot even get to that point yet.

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
What happens if you try rebooting after you see it installed in the device manager?

Maybe you could try uninstalling from the device manager and rebooting.Have you tried installing drivers rather than just updating the driver?May not be much help but I am trying.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfectly legitimate questions. I have tried restarting after the install, but it has no impact. I've used different ports on both machines to make sure that there wasn't a conflict there. Both systems have entirely different chipsets. One is a P55 motherboard the other is an X58. Both are EVGA however.

I included the updating the driver portion as even when I point to the driver on CD or one that I've downloaded, or even let Windows find one on its own, the process hangs at the same point. It almost appears as if the Device installs just fine, but when it would switch to the Windows portion that activates the Wireless functionality, it fails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts