Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here we go with an other windows 7 problem

this happens on multiple win7 machines some with home and some with ultimate edition.
most of the time a chkdisk is executed when booting and the machines are turned off normally, no crash, nothing....

i already unplugged all devices except mouse and keyboard to make sure it has nothing to do with any of them but its still running this stupid test @boot...

i also checked the msconfig if there is something changed but its set to normal startup, also the regedit entry for BootExecute is autocheck autochk* which should only check if the machine crashes....

so how do i solve this problem without forcing the system not to scan the disk @boot? why is win 7 doing this most of the time when booting?

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
This is okay. It just checking the integrity of your disk. Let it scan man. Linux does the same thing but it is called fchk. It does it after ever 22 shotdown/bootups or after 180 days of up time. Mac OSX is the only one that does not do because i think it does it as it boots.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would not care if it would do this ever 22 reboot but its more like ever 2 reboots or even every reboot that these computers are scanning the disk which is waaaaaaay to much.
still looking for a solution to this problem.

maybe some others with win7 can tell me if they have same thing going on on their systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts