Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk a little after i lost my 8800gt i got my Copy of windows 7, my friend offered me a 8600 gt to pas the waiting time between when i sold my gpu to when am going to overhaul my pc. The card is a plait 8600gt and i have try ed every peace of over clocking software. river tuner atitool, vttuner,rivertuner,coolbits,power strp to ty and over clock it and i can't seem to change the clocks. does any one know how to oc nv cards on winodws 7?

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
Best way I did it was Rivatuner. Works like a charm and you can set to load OC at startup.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all these programs that i used to oc my 8800 with on win vista are now not working, so is there a new on to use or is it an issue with my hardware/software

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Do you mean it won't let you change them at all, or it reverts them back to stock settings?

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:

had no luck when i try to change and apply the clocks they just go back

dude you need to roll back the drivers. the 196.21 are also doing that to my 9800GTX+.

try like the 190.62 or something that is really stable and tested and you should be good

• Rep+
Reactions: mugan23

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah it's a driver issue. If you don't want to roll back your drivers then download the newest version of MSI Afterburner. It has a work around for the 196.21 drivers and OCs my 275 great. It's all I use.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe al try that a little later but the card am using is not gonna be there for long so al just wait till my new one arrives then al try that program thanks all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts