Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a AMD 64 winchester 3000+ and I wanted to overclock it, but I am not so sure about the ram timings. I thought I had decent ram, but the ratings appear to not be as high as I thought beacuse I was looking at the 166MHZ rating, not the 200MHZ rating (damm, false advertisment, had it listed pc3200 CL 2.5.) Anyways, my super talent memory is a weak 3-4-4-8. Is a gig of this memory decent to overclock, or do I need as cas 2 or 2.5? I was also curious if you were adjusting the timings via the cool n quiet core center, or if you do it through the bios. Would I adjust the fsb only? And do I need pc3500 or pc3700 since I would increase the FSB? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read through many forums, and guides, but I am still uncertain. Thanks, Tay.

Hardware
amd 64 3000+
super talent 3-4-4-8
msi neo2 plat
aspire 500W psu
Thermalright XP-90 Heatsink, stock zalman fan
raden 9700pro

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Uh... You've got a Winchester and a MSI mobo... They don't seem to get along too well. But with a bit (more) work it'll overclock. If you seem to be having trouble overclocking using the BIOS, and hit a wall where the board simply won't POST, it's probably due to the "219 bug." Yor best bet is probably to set the memory to the 166 divider, raise the CPU voltage to about 1.5 to 1.6, then boot into Windows and use Clockgen to do the rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts