Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just updated my sig rig the night before the problem. The next day I played New Vegas for about 30 minutes when it crashed and after a restart I kept getting a
frown.gif
face with a different error each time I tried to boot. I did a system restore to one week previous and still had the same error. I attempted all built in repair options including deleting all apps and still had no luck. I then tried to repair with my windows 8.1 CD and a friend's windows 10 flash drive which didn't work. I then bought another solid state and disconnected my old one. When I tried to install windows 8.1 on the new SSD I got the same error part way through installation. I ran memtest86+ overnight with no errors. I'm kinda lost at this point. I've got nothing at this point, any ideas?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwolf View Post

I kept getting a
frown.gif
face with a different error each time I tried to boot
I don't understand what you're saying. A picture / screenshot would help a lot.

Are you getting BSODs or is it something else.?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
75 Posts
you have to enter windows safe mode with networking, disable Intel HD driver and then restart, you should be fine, its intel driver fault

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafim View Post

you have to enter windows safe mode with networking, disable Intel HD driver and then restart, you should be fine, its intel driver fault
I will try that when I get home.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwolf View Post

Can't
When windows reboot and ask you to select an option.
Choose Troubleshoot.
Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.
On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings
Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart
After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode
Enable Safe Mode with Networking press F5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts