Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

So since MS is releasing a new flagship OS known as Windows 10.

It got me wondering.

Has anyone yet gone through a proper run with the new OS in here?

Basically curious about how it affects cursor movement and what drivers are good for it.

I'm thinking of installing the OS myself as well as I had 8.1 earlier and had no real complaints about it.

Looking forward to the r0ach' anti-clown cursor analysis xD.

Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm browsing it slowly, haven't yet had the chance to find something meaningful regarding input elements though. Will keep on looking. Was also interested what the folks here have to say meanwhile.

·
Da Boss
1,895 Posts
I have Windows 10 10240 installed using a Roccat Kone XTD and it behaves just as it did when I was on Windows 7 and 8.1. Not a lot of drivers and software has been updated for Windows 10 so my XTD software is set to run in compatibility for 8.1. Also, at work, I run windows 10 with a CM storm mouse and the exact same setup.

·
13,106 Posts
My Death Adder 3.5G and Tt Sapphira mouse both work the exact same in Windows 10 as they did in 7 on the same mouse settings.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepor View Post

Last I heard, r0ach bought a boat and is on some sort of long vacation, had sold his old stuff as there's no real power for a traditional PC on the boat.
tongue.gif
I heard it too but he was still posting stuff after that announcement, who knows
tongue.gif

I'm actually curious of what the http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/86510 driver is capable of doing with the feel of the mouse. 353.30 WHQL.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Windows 10 is fine for mouse movement. If that doesn't satisfy you install it yourself and find out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just install 10 yourself and mess with it. Its a great OS so far, and there is nothing to lose. I have 10 installed on multiple computers, and all my mice behave exactly the same way they did in 7.

Mice include (mostly logitech)

Performance MX
Anywhere MX
G400
G500
G600
Razer Deathadder
As well as a few random microsoft wireless mice.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,800 Posts
Windows 10 feels alright. I actually like it, upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro (got the retail key for free
biggrin.gif
), but I still get this annoying FPS drop in CSGO and osu! which only appeares with Windows 8 and higher. How the hell do I get these mad fps stutters in menu is beyond me. It literally jumps between 100 and 120 fps when I move a mouse and goes between 115 - 120 when I don't.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.