Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just updated the bios and needed to reactivate Windows 11. The other problem was I couldn't even get into windows because I needed to verify my identity at the login screen, so I had to log into another computer just to get into my email account to get the verification code. The runaround is plain crazy over an update. Should install another Windows on the system without a password. just so I can access my email account, activated or not.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to wait and see if it happens on my build when the update arrives -- it was my wife's system that got the notice of it first, I still haven't -- or if it was just an anomaly. Windows was already activated on it (we both have retail physical copies of x64 Pro).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Having to enter the Microsoft product key a second time is reason enough to avoid upgrading?

I was wondering if it had happened to anyone else mainly out of curiosity.
It's one of many reasons that Windows 11 is a failure in my humble opinion, maybe it will get better ; refined over time, but it's still in beta stages it seems.

·
Registered
743 Posts
none of that happened, I do have a valid OEM license though, linked to my Motherboard in my microsoft account.
A lot of activations done by "3rd PTY activation tools" got blacklisted.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The same is true for both of our Windows 11 builds (valid OEM installations linked to Microsoft accounts).
Can you believe that when I decided to finally install Windows 10 and I didn't have a valid license, I looked for a place to buy one cheap, I came across a blog which had a license number posted for anyone to see, I used it and it worked ,I was amazed that someone would post a valid license online, it still works to this day with my Microsoft account.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I had no issues at all. The only issue i have is when upgrading BIOS I need to reset my PIN. Which is a painless 1min process

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I just got 22H2 this morning, and no reactivation was required. Wondering now if perhaps M$ is checking licenses at random

Asus, however, took the opportunity to try and shove Armoury Crate down my throat again. No thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts