Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here the sadness i'm facing No GPU scaling, no 32-bit colour depth but shows 32-bit selected. And i think is might be the problem i'm stuck at 59hz. Please for the people who are going to switch from Xp don't do it now. Windows 7 still has problems but games are still great. But videos and audio drivers still have problems.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
if your monitor can support it can't you add a custom resolution specified at 32 bit color depth @ 60hz in nvidia control panel?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
My friend has the same card as you, and it works perfect in Windows 7. I have a similar card (same GPU) and it works perfect.

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by opty165
View Post

I don't see this as a legit reason to tell people not to upgrade. It's talk like this that made vista fail mostly

I agree. I had no problems with my GFX card and, even my Xtreme Music worked once I got the drivers right. That was before RTM, too.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I find it absolutely hilarious that you're in India and you talk of 7 like this, OP.

I come from a Desi (terminology to dictate if you're from Pakistan/India) family and I successfully installed Windows 7 on 4 computers already. Not only installed, but functioning properly.

To answer your question, laid somewhere inside that rant, have you tried installing drivers from nVidia?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
are you mad? these problems don't relate to windows 7 itself, but rather the drivers you're using.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Heh, for some reason mine always reverts back to 59hz. I had problems with my resolution screwing up when I first installed too, that went away and I forgot about the 59hz problem untill I read this, so I just checked and again its at 59hz..

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
the 59Hz is because no matter what, the monitor cannot reach 60Hz, it's like 59.xxx Hz and therefore gets rounded up to 60Hz.

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,662 Posts
Forgive me for not being helpful, but can anyone figure out what the starred out cuss word is at the top? Don't repeat it or send it out, I just can't figure out what cuss word could come after crap.

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786
View Post

I find it absolutely hilarious that you're in India and you talk of 7 like this, OP.

I come from a Desi (terminology to dictate if you're from Pakistan/India) family and I successfully installed Windows 7 on 4 computers already. Not only installed, but functioning properly.

To answer your question, laid somewhere inside that rant, have you tried installing drivers from nVidia?

What does your ethnicity have to do with your right to dislike operating systems?

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrodisiac
View Post

What does your ethnicity have to do with your right to dislike operating systems?

I am confused too.

·
10,471 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm just saying, the stereotype is that people from India are like super hardcore into computers.

·
10,471 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Lol. "You are Indian, Windows 7 troubleshooting is IN YOUR BLOOD!"

It worked for them with XP... I just don't see why it can't be done with 7.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meetajhu
View Post

But videos and audio drivers still have problems.

Actually no, thats just you.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts