Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i5 750 quad core 2.67GHz 2.79GHz, gigabyte Ga-p55-ud3l mobo, (2) Western Digital Caviar Green 500gb HD, ATI Radeon 4650 Graphics, onboard sound, (2) crucial 1066 ddr3 2gb ram, Enermax PRO 82+ PS, Windows 7 Home Premium (Genuine and Verified), Super Write Master SpeedPlus cd/dvd drive.

The problem is a lot of lag and freezing issues with windows explorer and web browsers - i've tried IE, Firefox, and mostly use Chrome. The lag was pretty frequent and annoying, so I did a fresh install just to see if that would fix stuff - although it ran perfect for about 5 months before. It was no different after the clean install. The lag isn't quite as frequent now that i've placed my memory sticks in the appropriate slots, but it lags like crazy (even may freeze for about 10 minutes) really bad right after start up. I've done virus scans with 3 different AVs, never having them installed at the same time - AVG, Avira, and Avast; none of them found anything. I've also done numerous scans for malware. I've done registry cleans and defrags. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date (at least all the ones I can think of). The only thing I haven't really tried is flashing or upgrading the BIOS...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts