Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a problem installing Windows 7 64bit on my computer and was hoping someone can assist me.

So I was installing Windows 7 64bit that i downloaded from MSDNAA and when i finished installing Windows 7 it abruptly shutdown my computer and when i restarted the computer i was greeted with the following message:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click
“OK†to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

This message keeps on looping whenever i restart my computer.

Thanks,
Jinx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jinx View Post
Hey,

I have a problem installing Windows 7 64bit on my computer and was hoping someone can assist me.

So I was installing Windows 7 64bit that i downloaded from MSDNAA and when i finished installing Windows 7 it abruptly shutdown my computer and when i restarted the computer i was greeted with the following message:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected
Error. Windows Installation cannot proceed,. To install Window, click
"OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

This message keeps on looping whenever i restart my computer.

Thanks,
Jinx
New build?
Please do a COPY and PASTE of system specs into BODY of opening post.
Some fixes are product specific.
(Posting such permanently ties suggestions to problem/hardware. On most boards changing your signature is a GLOBAL change which affects all threads. Post with the mindset YOU are searching for info on a problem.)
Time to do a COPY and PASTE into body of text of opening post? 2-3 seconds.

1: Use Hashtab 3.0 to verify the ISO downloaded correctly. Check against know published values, Google with Hash should bring up some hits.
2: Install from USB flash drive.
3: Unplug ALL unneeded devices... (USB printer, etc)
4: Use different media. Some media drive combo's don't like each other.
5: Remove all overclocks if machine is overclocked.
6: Ram, sometimes you may have to remove a stick/install with a reduced amount of ram.
7: Download hd testing apps, Test hd for bad sectors, choose full format instead of "quick". Run some stress-testing apps to verify system is STABLE.
8: BIOS settings, ACHI,SATA,SATA RAID

10: Try a repair....Boot with install media, pick REPAIR.

BTW: Did you do a FULL FORMAT, FRESH INSTALL... or are you doing a in-place upgrade?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did a fresh install, I managed to install it by restoring everything to stock settings, i think it might have been my overclock that messed things up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue with my new install of Windows 7 64bit.I did a fresh partition wipe and build on the drive, and installed Windows XP 32bit on drive C, completed the setup and got running.
Then established my drive D for 'Data Drive' with 380gig part, for data files and work stuf.
Next proceeded to install a new Windows 7 64bit from CD on drive E.* This took the first steps, confirmed the install, expanded files and restarted.
After the PC boots, I select the freshly created 'dual boot' menu option to run Windows 7.* I get the screen saying "setup will now continue" and shortly after, get the same error...* "computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error".
I tried a fresh new install once and a repair once, getting the same results. But now the boot menu lists four choices, "early version windows, Windows 7, Windows 7, and Windows 7" (yes 3 lines to pick Windows 7).

Today I have a working new Win-XP 32bit install on drive C, data on drive D, and have a failed loaded Windows 7 64bit on drive E.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here the solution go to >> after the msg appear press shift + f10 or alt + f10 or fn+shift+alt >>>> regedit
HKey Local machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion
Change Setup Value From 1 To 3 And Ur Done
Restart Ur Pc And The Process Continue , Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts