Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, among my EUE problem, smp folding got a WU that said 4 days to complete and the last deadline was 3 days, and the system tray client won't connect to a WU?

are there any solutions? O_O

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
can you refine your question?
W7 was a PITA to get set-up for [email protected] for me -but, once I got it working- it's been smooth as silk- no errors and no EUE's
My biggest issue was the increased firewall/port-security restrictions! (which is a good thing IMO)
and from your post it seems like you also might be experiencing "connection" issues- try looking at those settings!

-on the other hand- my other two systems (Vista) which have been stable for weeks- have just started throwing NaN's on the GFX and just plain "hanging" on the -smp(s) over the last day or so

(I dropped from 1200+ PPD to 2300
)
I really need to get everything sorted and back to
before the big day!
Cheers and GL

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, I did SMP and it was an impossible deadline. System Tray CPU client can't get a WU and of course the EUE.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got them both to work, the tray client finally found one and gpu is folding too

hopefully no more eue!

·
Registered
56 Posts
No problems with GPU2 or the basic CPU client (both tray), but I can't get SMP to work, it crashed during setup and it downloads the work order but doesn't work on it, it just sits at 0%.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMirrorLink
View Post

Well, among my EUE problem, smp folding got a WU that said 4 days to complete and the last deadline was 3 days, and the system tray client won't connect to a WU?

are there any solutions? O_O

It may be your CPU isn't fast enough for the SMP client. Have you tried the regular one? Were you able to complete SMP's in XP or Vista? Just a question.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiketo
View Post

No problems with GPU2 or the basic CPU client (both tray), but I can't get SMP to work, it crashed during setup and it downloads the work order but doesn't work on it, it just sits at 0%.

Ditto on this, kind of.

I've tried a few methods/attempts to get SMP to work, but I just haven't been able to, so I gave up.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
no problems with GPU folding for me..only issue I've had was I was unable to get vmware to connect to the server...doubtless due to some firewall/security restrictions...I gave up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts