Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im using windows 7 and for some reason when i download files they turn into this how do i even open a file like this lol? it opens my media player i cant do nothing with that :/

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It seems something tampered with the standard programs settings. You can right click and choose open with, from here you can select the program you want to open it with and set as standard for that filetype.
To manage everything in one window, click the Windows Start button, type Standard programs and press enter. I'm using the Danish version, but it translates to the same I hope.
There should be an option called "Attach a filetype or protocol to a program" where you get a list of all available filetypes and the corresponding software to utilize the filetype.

Again, something might be lost in translation as I can't switch to an English version of windows due to Home Premium not allowing me that. And I'm too cheap for the Ultimate version
smile.gif

Best of luck and regards,

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Try 7-Zip for an easy fix to the .rar's and .zip's because it changes the filetypes to work with that program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts