Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to my computer on a BSOD screen. It was on 0x0000007E, then ever restart whether it's normal, safe mode, or repair is BSOD'ing.

A common BSOD is a Bad Pool Header 0x00000019

EDIT:Even a Windows 7 stick is BSOD'ing..

EDIT2:Got into my install USB, did a chkdsk C; and results were no errors. Was going to do a memory test thing but got a Bad Pool Header BSOD..

Going to use a Ubuntu live USB to do a memtest.

EDIT3:I've also reverted any overclocks i have done on the BIOS level.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcr View Post

Have you checked your HDD? Try running chkdsk on it.
chkdsk C: from my W7 USB returned no errors. But then again, i'm not sure if i did it right.

Also when i was in my USB it BSOD'd.. read the edit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you run memtest yet? also what about your motherboard bios, can you update that? have you fully cleared your CMOS or just reset your overclock settings?

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Is this bad?

.... As i WAS going to post this the error tank just developed a hole.. "Errors 100000" and counting.,

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Have you run memtest yet? also what about your motherboard bios, can you update that? have you fully cleared your CMOS or just reset your overclock settings?
As for my knowledge my BIOS is already updated since it is a dated 775 board, and yes everything is back to stock.

My computer was running The Sims 3 when i gone to sleep, something that i always do.

Check post above for memtest... hole.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd say that's your problem! Do you have other memory you can put in the machine and see if the problem goes away?

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

I'd say that's your problem! Do you have other memory you can put in the machine and see if the problem goes away?
I think i do. But i don't even know which stick is the problem.

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Atleast it's somewhat booting now... i'm stuck on the Loading screen, and on a background on the repair page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts