Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm just bored of Vista right now....

I got to install Windows 7 on my netbook and for basic things is good...

But now I just want to put Windows 7 on my main computer...
The programas that I use are Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Maya, and lots of designs softwares....

Is there some kind of benchmarks of windows 7 during those tasks?

Also I play sometimes actual games... (no more than 1 hour)... but would be good to play less and work more

Should I do the big step?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... I don't know why, but from a time, always that I make a post, or a thread... anyone wants to help me... What I did guys?
Don't like me in your community?...

Sorry for posting this, but I'm really sad... The same happens to me in real life, no body wants to help me never...

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
i wouldn't as it will expire in a few months

wait until it is released. not to mention it's just a few UI changes for the most part - there isn't really anything different between the two

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
its good but u may get kicked from some punkbuster games. And it expires in august and u cant upgrade or access that the install anymore.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skunksmash View Post
i dont think W7 is up to gaming properly yet, yes it runs most games but these BETA versions are still showing an fps drop across the board compared to my vista install....
HUH?

hell, I GAINED FPS in EVERY game that I play

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan0550 View Post
Ok... I don't know why, but from a time, always that I make a post, or a thread... anyone wants to help me... What I did guys?
Don't like me in your community?...

Sorry for posting this, but I'm really sad... The same happens to me in real life, no body wants to help me never...
its all about being confident bro!
You can do it!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
i wouldn't as it will expire in a few months

wait until it is released. not to mention it's just a few UI changes for the most part - there isn't really anything different between the two
Windows 7 offers a lot of improvements over Vista, and not just a simple theme change as most netbooks can run Windows 7.

·
Registered
502 Posts
In my experience, Windows 7 has been great.

-Installed very quickly and with no problems what so ever.
-Found, automatically, all of the drivers I needed, it even found the lated Nvidia driver which I had no problems with.

-Runs very fast, very responsive.

-Have seen no FPS drop in games, if anything they run smoother. (UT3 seems to)

-Fallout 3 had some problems initially, but it was due to overclocking, which I still don't know how that worked.

I think it is great, will definitely be buying it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Skunksmash,

Actually, it seems like Windows 7 is seeing some good traction as far as gaming benchmarks, at least according to this piece: http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/25/w...nchmark-tests/

I haven’t (and I’m talking personally here) seen any FPS drops in the couple of games I play and I’m having good luck with other graphics-intense programs (video/photo).

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender View Post
Windows 7 offers a lot of improvements over Vista, and not just a simple theme change as most netbooks can run Windows 7.
yeah sure it offers a lot of improvements but how mabny of them are more than just UI / interface improvements?

is there anything substantiative in 7 that isn't in Vista and can't be added bia a patch / third party? something like DX10 was to XP?

no.

PS,

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
PM me if you want detailed Win7 info, Im not about to bother with some of these incompetent people.

Winodws 7 has shown me dramatic increases in performance in every category except multiple file copy jobs. Starting multiple file copys seems to cause a transfer rate drop more than usual.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
PM me if you want detailed Win7 info, Im not about to bother with some of these incompetent people.

Winodws 7 has shown me dramatic increases in performance in every category except multiple file copy jobs. Starting multiple file copys seems to cause a transfer rate drop more than usual.
yeah I have noticed that in almost every version of a MS OS released. Ive used (95, 98, XP, Vista, and now 7)

Though I must say its a bit smoother and stays a little more consistent on a 64bit system.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.