Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run anything that works on vista on Windows 7?

My creative x-fi driver wouldn't install so I'm wondering if I need to use a workaround or something.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
the windows 7 operating system is purely a pre-beta, i wouldn't be surprised if half..even 4/5th of the applications you have right now wont run in windows 7

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcshoejake
View Post

the windows 7 operating system is purely a pre-beta, i wouldn't be surprised if half..even 4/5th of the applications you have right now wont run in windows 7

Good call.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickStew
View Post

Could you post links

I want to give it a try

Posting links of torrents are purely forbidden on OCN, but i guarantee it was nothing from "the bay of pirates"

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcshoejake
View Post

Posting links of torrents are purely forbidden on OCN, but i guarantee it was nothing from "the bay of pirates"

Lol, thanks for pointing that there is Windows 7 torrent.
I'm currently downloading it and will put it in VM in VirtualBox 2.0.4 under Debian.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
im dual booting the x64 version now.....

Attachment 87498
Attachment 87502
its quick!!!!!! got a few bugs though....

speedfan wont work...in any compatibility mode so i cant turn down the HSF

rivatuner works but displays no information, & states ''disable driver signings'' but they have been.

there is no driver for my modem..... the vista one give a BSOD once installed.

my surround sound wont work, only the headphones will...yet device manager list's them as fully functional.

on the flip side its got an instant boot up..... the loading bar is bloody quick & when it reaches desktop the HDD activity stops dead

im running the 180.43 driver for vista x64 with no probs...

LL
LL

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
automatic activation... hmmm.

i can't wait till this reaches official beta

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
i'm wrong in thinking you mean that to say that you want to adjust your CPU heatsink, right?

·
Registered
227 Posts
does it look exactly like vista? give or take a toolbar or something?

that is very like alpha and beta versions of windows that i have seen.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
i'm wrong in thinking you mean that to say that you want to adjust your CPU heatsink, right?

i was talking about the CPU HSF......

but i managed to get speedfan working, i had to actually install it in compatibility mode for XP rather than just trying to run the app in C mode

visually it looks better than vista, every icon & every boarder looks better crafted

i just transferred my gadgets over to W7 from vista (as there isnt a sidebar by default) & there was no problems...

its using 800mb idle with 0 HDD activity

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wufuhimself
View Post

does it look exactly like vista? give or take a toolbar or something?

that is very like alpha and beta versions of windows that i have seen.

yes it looks like vista with lots of small changes which give it a snappier, cleaner, and nicer feel. It doesn't feel bloated like the untweaked vista. Yet it does more.

Loving it. Also All programs i use work with windows7. I just had to run them in compatibility mode and set it to Vista RTM e.g. my Wi-Fi drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
ok so its online & activated, all my apps & media have been transferred

its very elegant ladies & gents!!! instant response time ...& this is the pre beta

Attachment 87688
Attachment 87689

im just waiting for the method to unlock the sleek hidden taskbar for the x64 version

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
yeah i'm downloading it right now at school. my school throtles thw download of the torrent file but not the torrent in u-torrent at the internet is like 45Mbps both ways to it is really fast
. can't wait for it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skunksmash
View Post

ok so its online & activated, all my apps & media have been transferred

its very elegant ladies & gents!!! instant response time ...& this is the pre beta

Attachment 87688
Attachment 87689

im just waiting for the method to unlock the sleek hidden taskbar for the x64 version

it out there lol, pm'd

1 - 20 of 30 Posts