Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that you can do a complete install with the disc but then again I also heard that there are some kinks/issues when using it as a fresh install. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If its a upgrade disc, you have to have some sort of Windows OS already installed. XP, Vista. You can still boot from CD and do a complete 'fresh' install vs. in place upgrade. But it checks for a previous install.

Ski

If i am incorrect ppl. Plz correct this.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The key will only activate if the upgrade option is used, a fresh installation is not possible.

If you would like a fresh installation without using a prior installation vista or xp to upgrade from simply do a fresh install using the upgrade disk, then upgrade the clean install you just did (so the key activates). Works like a charm. Imo it is the only upgrade option that isnt FAIL.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Fresh installation is possible. I got away with it by calling Microsoft. I had to because i'm too lazy to install my previous OS lol. Works everytime! lol.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard there were some slow downs or slow overall issues(not during installation-after) when installing from the upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts