Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
several times since i have upgraded to W7 x64, when using the 32bit web browser, it just 'stops working' for no reason. ive noticed some odd things with 32bit apps running on a 64bit OS

has anyone noticed this? any possible fixes?

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I have had some issues but for after I did an update to Windows I have not had an issue. Just some programs hate it others run fine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've been running Windows 7 on my office machine since about a month before it was released to the public (we got an early release through work) and I have since installed it on all 6 of my machines at home and I have not encountered significant issues with any 32 bit software. Some stuff may work better if you run it in XP compatibility mode if it has not been brought up to date, but as far major software and browsers, no problems here.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Might I suggest not using Internet Explorer (it will always be buggy, I don't care how many versions they make). Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome run faster and just better. Firefox gives you nice customization with many, many addons. Chrome is more of a no nonsense just get online browser (I don't particular like it, but it's way better than Internet Explorer).

Also, when you say upgraded, did you do a clean install or inplace upgrade?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXLinkageXx
View Post

Might I suggest not using Internet Explorer (it will always be buggy, I don't care how many versions they make). Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome run faster and just better. Firefox gives you nice customization with many, many addons. Chrome is more of a no nonsense just get online browser (I don't particular like it, but it's way better than Internet Explorer).

Also, when you say upgraded, did you do a clean install or inplace upgrade?

This is true. I do favor Firefox. I use both at the office, Firefox for personal stuff and IE for work sites.
At home I use just Firefox.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesethunda
View Post

i have both running and i like chrome because its been faster than my firefox lately

Yeah I do like that chrome is faster, and I would prefer it over firefox if it wasn't for a couple little gripes. When you fullscreen a video, the mouse doesn't disappear. I know it's petty, but it annoys the crap out of me. Secondly, the deal breaker, it won't download binary files. I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but until it is, I'll stick firefox.

Chrome will supposedly have a 64-bit version out before firefox, so that's something to watch out for.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe ill try firefox.... my friend is gonna have a field day with this.... he has been going on and on about how much better firefox is. until i switched to W7 x64, IE did everything i wanted... maybe ill give chrome a try too.

Quote:
Also, when you say upgraded, did you do a clean install or inplace upgrade
i went from XP to 7, so i had to do a clean install, which i would prefer anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts