Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Running x64 Windows 8.1, I've been having this BSOD ever since I built the machine a few months ago. It can happen totally randomly, even when I do nothing (one time happened during a shower), but it seems to happen more frequently when playing games, and even more frequently when streaming them on Twitch.tv.

The "culprit" is most often ntoskrnl.exe, but also sometimes others, like win32k.sys

I've turned on Driver Verifier pretty early, checking every driver that's not made by Microsoft.

I have not overclocked anything.

What I tried:
  • Catalyst control center says the GPU drivers are up to date. I reinstalled drivers anyway, still got blue screens. After that I even completely removed the GPU (running on internal graphics) but they still occurred so I put it back.
  • memtest86+ says no problem
  • HDD has no problem either.
  • My system is rated (with two different online tests) to use ~370W, so I've bought a 430W PSU. I was afraid the BSODs were caused by lack of power, so I changed it to a 550W PSU, but that did not stop them.
I've tried looking at minidumps with WinDbg following the tutorial in the sticky, but I can't really make head or tail of the info.

I'm out of options there... If it's not my GPU driver, nor my RAM sticks, nor my HDD, nor my PSU, then I'm not sure what else is left. You're my last hope!

All my minidumps (40 of them)

Wiwiweb_minidumps.zip 1082k .zip file


Thanks a lot in advance!
· OS -Windows 8.1, x64
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer): I purchased it and installed it.
· Age of system (hardware): 3-4 months
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS: No

· CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
· Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB
· MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150
· Power Supply - brand & wattage: Corsair 430W, later changed to Corsair 550W

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip 2453k .zip file
 

Attachments

·
Overclock Failed...
Joined
·
13,565 Posts
A ntoskrnl.exe BSOD means that the Windows kernel, the most basic part of the Windows OS, failed. There can be literally thousands of causes.

Best bet is to look at Windows Event Viewer and see what was going on just before a BSOD. Sometimes that can steer you in the right direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiwiweb View Post

Hi all,

Running x64 Windows 8.1, I've been having this BSOD ever since I built the machine a few months ago. It can happen totally randomly, even when I do nothing (one time happened during a shower), but it seems to happen more frequently when playing games, and even more frequently when streaming them on Twitch.tv.

The "culprit" is most often ntoskrnl.exe, but also sometimes others, like win32k.sys

I've turned on Driver Verifier pretty early, checking every driver that's not made by Microsoft.

I have not overclocked anything.

What I tried:
  • Catalyst control center says the GPU drivers are up to date. I reinstalled drivers anyway, still got blue screens. After that I even completely removed the GPU (running on internal graphics) but they still occurred so I put it back.
  • memtest86+ says no problem
  • HDD has no problem either.
  • My system is rated (with two different online tests) to use ~370W, so I've bought a 430W PSU. I was afraid the BSODs were caused by lack of power, so I changed it to a 550W PSU, but that did not stop them.
I've tried looking at minidumps with WinDbg following the tutorial in the sticky, but I can't really make head or tail of the info.

I'm out of options there... If it's not my GPU driver, nor my RAM sticks, nor my HDD, nor my PSU, then I'm not sure what else is left. You're my last hope!

All my minidumps (40 of them)

Wiwiweb_minidumps.zip 1082k .zip file


Thanks a lot in advance!
· OS -Windows 8.1, x64
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer): I purchased it and installed it.
· Age of system (hardware): 3-4 months
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS: No

· CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core
· Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB
· MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H ATX LGA1150
· Power Supply - brand & wattage: Corsair 430W, later changed to Corsair 550W

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip 2453k .zip file
I have two questions for you.
A) How long did you run memtest86+ for? Running ti for a couple of hours is not enough - i typically run it for atleast several hours (or more) on systems that I'm troubleshooting.

B) Chrome was involved in several of those BSOD. I know this from analyzing your crash dumps. It is not necessarily the main culprit behind your BSODs. I have much more to say on this later. BRB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Initially I thought it was bad memory by looking at one of your crash dumps but I wanted to analyze a few more dumps before coming back to post.

I took a look at the two most recent ones from March and an older one that dates back to Nov 30, 2013. You have a driver that is causing those BSODs - that is my unprofessional assessment. I could be wrong about that but after analyzing 3 different crash dumps - they all point to the same thing.

Crash Dump Dated 03/11/2014
=================================================
Here you have a bugcheck code of 0x1a_402
Basically anytime you see 0x1a; that indicates a memory management issue. That can encompass things like memory corruption, applications trying to access certain parts of memory that are reserved or off limits; parity issues. etc. The 402 at the end of it ... well that part stumps me. According to this MSDN page, 403 indicates:
The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit.

However that is not the same as 402. I searched for 0x1a_402 on the MSDN website but i could not find anything regarding this. Why am I posting it here? Pay attention to where it says "....page table and PFNs are out of sync". And it's off by a single bit. Initially I didn't think much of it until I saw the details of your next crash dump. See line 7 (argument 4) where it says "nearby bytes within the same page have a single bit error". There is a correlation here!

Crash Dump Dated 03/10/2014
=================================================
I will copy & paste here because the information given by Win Debugger yields some good information.

Special pool has detected memory corruption. Typically the current thread's
stack backtrace will reveal the guilty party.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffcf800bff8e50, address trying to free
Arg2: ffffcf800bff8a5f, address where one bit is corrupted
Arg3: 00000000009901a8, (reserved)
Arg4: 0000000000000032, caller is freeing an address where nearby bytes within the same page have a single bit error

A driver freed an address, but nearby bytes within the same page have a single bit error.

^^ so basically here you have a driver that is not releasing itself from memory properly.

Crash Dump Dated 11/30/2013
=================================================
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->KernelApcDisable field. A negative value indicates that a driver
has disabled APC calls without re-enabling them. A positive value indicates
that the reverse is true. This check is made on exit from a system call.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000777c2772, address of system function (system call)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex << 8 | Previous ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000004, Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: ffffd000246b1b80, Previous KernelApcDisable

When I googled "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH", this is one of the websites that came up in my search. Again, it fits in line with what I have discovered thus far. Unfortunately, I'm not enough of an expert to tell you which particular driver(s) is causing the crashes. What I would recommend for you is that you update the system drivers ASAP. You said that you build this system a few months ago. Did you use the drivers that came with the CD or did you download the latest version(s) from the website? Visit the website for your motherboard (and graphics card) - make sure that you've got the latest versions installed for each hardware component.
 

·
Overclock Failed...
Joined
·
13,565 Posts
Memtest-86? I don't use it. Well, maybe to look for a completely dead stick.
I just run the computer, if it doesn't BSOD, I'm a happy camper.

A ntoskrnl.exe BSOD dump isn't going to tell you anything other that the kernel failed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,117 Posts
its probably the ram. When memory goes bad it literally can cause every kind of error to popup yet not be fixable until the culprit stick is found. Also reusing an old hard drive that has bad sectors causes errors along those lines as well.

memtest86 is found on hirenbootcd which is free to download, great program.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

What I would recommend for you is that you update the system drivers ASAP. You said that you build this system a few months ago. Did you use the drivers that came with the CD or did you download the latest version(s) from the website? Visit the website for your motherboard (and graphics card) - make sure that you've got the latest versions installed for each hardware component.
Wow, thanks a lot for this extensive response. Though I did already change the GPU driver, it's true that I did not change other drivers yet. I went on my motherboard's manufacturer website and reinstalled a few drivers on this page. Namely, the Audio, Chipset, and LAN drivers. We'll see if that did the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Best bet is to look at Windows Event Viewer and see what was going on just before a BSOD. Sometimes that can steer you in the right direction.
Thanks, I will check it out if it happens again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post

its probably the ram. When memory goes bad it literally can cause every kind of error to popup yet not be fixable until the culprit stick is found. Also reusing an old hard drive that has bad sectors causes errors along those lines as well.

memtest86 is found on hirenbootcd which is free to download, great program.
Yes, I thought so too, but I already ran memtest86+ for almost 10 hours with no error. Check out this picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post

its probably the ram. When memory goes bad it literally can cause every kind of error to popup yet not be fixable until the culprit stick is found. Also reusing an old hard drive that has bad sectors causes errors along those lines as well.

memtest86 is found on hirenbootcd which is free to download, great program.
The OP has already told us in his original post that he ran memtest86+ & found no issues.

Also bear in mind that not all BSODs are due to defective memory sticks. If you take the time learn how to analyze crash dumps, you can solve a variety of problem just by looking at some simple things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiwiweb View Post

Wow, thanks a lot for this extensive response. Though I did already change the GPU driver, it's true that I did not change other drivers yet. I went on my motherboard's manufacturer website and reinstalled a few drivers on this page. Namely, the Audio, Chipset, and LAN drivers. We'll see if that did the trick.
Sure no problem and let us know if the BSODs continue to happen.

EDIT:

Wiwiweb, in case the BSODs continue to happen after updating your system drivers, it would be helpful if you changed your windows configuration from a "memory dump" to a full "kernel dump". The key difference here is that with the full kernel dump, I'll be able to load any faulting modules using Win Debugger and glean more information that way. To make this change, go to your Advanced System Properties and follow the screenshot I've provided.
 

·
Overclock Failed...
Joined
·
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiwiweb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Best bet is to look at Windows Event Viewer and see what was going on just before a BSOD. Sometimes that can steer you in the right direction.
Thanks, I will check it out if it happens again.
That's the beauty of Event Viewer. Pretty much everything that happened since you built the computer and booted Windows for the first time is there. Changing the sort to "errors only" will save you a lot of time scrolling around.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

That's the beauty of Event Viewer. Pretty much everything that happened since you built the computer and booted Windows for the first time is there. Changing the sort to "errors only" will save you a lot of time scrolling around.

I don't necessarily have against using Event Viewer to troubleshoot problems as I have used it many times myself. But encouraging Wiwiweb to use it solve his BSOD problem is just downright inefficient and will probably just lead him on a wild goose chase. The whole reason why tools like Wini Debugger exists in the first place is to troubleshoot BSODs accurately without too much guessing. Again, I don't necessarily have anything against Event Viewer, but in the case of BSOD's it sometimes does not render key pieces of information such as the bugcheck code that is so useful in tracking down BSODs.
 

·
Overclock Failed...
Joined
·
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChosenOne View Post

I don't necessarily have against using Event Viewer to troubleshoot problems as I have used it many times myself. But encouraging Wiwiweb to use it solve his BSOD problem is just downright inefficient and will probably just lead him on a wild goose chase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

A ntoskrnl.exe BSOD means that the Windows kernel, the most basic part of the Windows OS, failed. There can be literally thousands of causes.

Best bet is to look at Windows Event Viewer and see what was going on just before a BSOD. Sometimes that can steer you in the right direction.
Yes, a suite of tools and the knowledge of how to to use them I where you really want to be. Just trying to help the OP a little.......
Here's another one I have found useful. Dependency Walker
 

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
Joined
·
11,539 Posts
With my current rig I had a number of BSODs for a number of months and sometimes the identified culprit was also ntoskrnl, luckily sometimes the real problem would identify itself, RSTe drivers, I went back and forth installing the new versions but they still BSODed, sometimes it would take days to happen. The latest RST already supports X79 and so I installed that one instead. No more BSODs.

I know you're not on X79, but you mentioned downloading updated drivers from the motherboard's page. They sometimes don't update those in a timely fashion as I discovered with my motherboard, and is indeed the case with your motherboard.

Download RST straight from Intel.

Latest version as of this writing (12.9.0.1001):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23496&ProdId=2101&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208*&DownloadType=Drivers

Your motherboard's download page still lists 12.8.0.1016 as the latest version and even lists a Hot fix (1.0.0.1) that needs to be installed afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChosenOne View Post

Wiwiweb, in case the BSODs continue to happen after updating your system drivers, it would be helpful if you changed your windows configuration from a "memory dump" to a full "kernel dump". The key difference here is that with the full kernel dump, I'll be able to load any faulting modules using Win Debugger and glean more information that way. To make this change, go to your Advanced System Properties and follow the screenshot I've provided.
Unfortunately updating those drivers did not do the trick, as I just got another BSOD yesterday night. I did set it to kernel dump beforehand.

This new minidump should be a full kernel dump:

031414-13000-01.zip 21k .zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

With my current rig I had a number of BSODs for a number of months and sometimes the identified culprit was also ntoskrnl, luckily sometimes the real problem would identify itself, RSTe drivers, I went back and forth installing the new versions but they still BSODed, sometimes it would take days to happen. The latest RST already supports X79 and so I installed that one instead. No more BSODs.
Thanks, I will try installing those updated drivers instead.
 

Attachments

·
OG AMD
Joined
·
8,960 Posts
How about filling out your system specs? Makes things a little easier. As a frequent overclocker and bencher, I deal with BSOD's very frequently. I have recently had a Windows 8 install act the same. End result was corrupted system files, most likely caused by the OS SSD. Most SSD's can get corrupted if a power interupt or crash occurs. Have you tried refreshing the system files? I would also use a 3rd party program to check the health of your OS HDD.

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I guess I have a similar problem like Wiwiweb. My dumbfile too has loads of ntoskrnl.exe reports.

My Sony Vaio Tap 11 (model: SVT1121C5E) runs very unstable ever since I bought it about 3 months ago. Almost every day the system crashes, sometimes multiple times. Sometimes with prior bluescreen, Windows colleting data and then stopping at 100%.
Occasionally the device shuts down and automatically restarts.
Sometimes the screen becomes black and the device can be turned off only by holding the power-button for a few seconds.

I´m running Windows 8.1 64Bit and all the current device-drivers, bios-update and Windows-updates are installed. I would really need some help here.

In order to get a clearer picture of my system-crashes I downloaded a software called "WhoCrashed", clicked on "Analyse" and the following is the result of it´s log:

System Information (local) computer name: PARINIBBANA windows version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: SVT1121C5E, Sony Corporation, VAIO CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4610Y CPU @ 1.70GHz Intel586, level: 6 4 logical processors, active mask: 15 RAM: 4185702400 total VM: 2147352576, free: 1916170240 Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 19.03.2014 22:18:28 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00008DC4410, 0xFFFFF80289209840, 0xFFFFE0000172C010) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 19.03.2014 08:12:08 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031914-5859-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x150B36) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFE00000F14880, 0xFFFFF800EDD7E860) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 16.03.2014 15:16:25 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031614-7609-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14DCA0) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802530BD533) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 16.03.2014 15:16:25 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: nuserver64.sys (NUServer64+0x17C13) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802530BD533) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nuserver64.sys product: Network USB Server company: Elite Silicon Technology Inc. description: Network USB Server 64bit Device Driver Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nuserver64.sys (Network USB Server 64bit Device Driver, Elite Silicon Technology Inc.). Google query: Elite Silicon Technology Inc. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Thu 06.03.2014 10:00:19 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030614-7234-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xADB76) Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80077EBBB76, 0xFFFFD00026B5B638, 0xFFFFD00026B5AE40) Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 06.03.2014 04:55:47 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030614-6921-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14DCA0) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800060AE5D1) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 06.03.2014 03:58:36 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030614-6015-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x425637) Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803D029D637, 0xFFFFD000237F57D8, 0xFFFFD000237F4FE0) Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 26.02.2014 21:57:39 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022714-5343-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: netwbw02.sys (0xFFFFF8000284FDFC) Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x40, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000284FDFC) Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netwbw02.sys product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter company: Intel Corporation description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation). Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 25.02.2014 08:27:36 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022514-7359-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x425637) Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8023C840637, 0xFFFFD000397EA7D8, 0xFFFFD000397E9FE0) Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 26.01.2014 06:29:07 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012614-6859-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14DCA0) Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x9A, 0x1553B7, 0x6, 0x2) Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 21.01.2014 12:42:17 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012114-6000-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x425637) Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80120A2E637, 0xFFFFD00026ECC7D8, 0xFFFFD00026ECBFE0) Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
32 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 10 are included in this report. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers: netwbw02.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation) nuserver64.sys (Network USB Server 64bit Device Driver, Elite Silicon Technology Inc.) If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

End of WhoCrashed´s Analysis.

For more information I have put the Windows event-viewer
a) application events
b) system events
c) Windows Power Shell logs,
as well as the dumpfile-list on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l840x044kepyrna/aSIqO7PmqC

Please feel free to have a look at them too.

For comments and suggestions I would be very grateful,
Thanks
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top