Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Let windows 8 deal with it and anything else that's missing just download the drivers, what drivers are you expecting to be missing?

Comps

·
Custom User Title
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
INF, chipset, sound, SATA, so on so forth. I know I can find my video card drivers without and issue. But I would rather have proper drivers instead of generic Windows drivers installed.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SightUp View Post

INF, chipset, sound, SATA, so on so forth. I know I can find my video card drivers without and issue. But I would rather have proper drivers instead of generic Windows drivers installed.
Just look up the various OEMs and download through them (ex: Intel's website, Broadcom, etc.). You can also check driver sites that have a large list of compiled drivers such as station-drivers.com.

·
Custom User Title
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTech View Post

Just look up the various OEMs and download through them (ex: Intel's website, Broadcom, etc.). You can also check driver sites that have a large list of compiled drivers such as station-drivers.com.
How do I tell what each chip on my mobo is? Is there a program that can do that?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

How do I tell what each chip on my mobo is? Is there a program that can do that?
Check your motherboard on ASRock's website. They list all of the specs right there.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: SightUp

·
Custom User Title
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

In addition, here is my NIC driver.
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netlink_k57.php
It doesn't have Win8 compatibility. Should I install the Win7 drivers instead?
http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite/drivers/all/Lan/Broadcom_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(v15.4.2.2).zip
Quote:

You are so smart! +Rep for you good sir.
What about the .inf? I don't even know what that is for... I never had it before on my ASUS mobos.
It's for the chipset and other various devices. The one I have linked in my Asus driver threads is the latest.
teaching.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: SightUp

·
Custom User Title
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I want 9.3.0.1021 for my INF driver and I want 8.1.0.1281 for my Intel Management Engine Driver, correct?

I see there is a firmware upgrade? Is this something I should do?

·
Custom User Title
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but once I upgrade the firmware, which I plan on doing still on Windows 7, I do not need to install it once I get into Windows 8, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my experience so far, Windows 8 is going to be just like Vista when it comes out. Some stuff will work but most stuff won't. Right now my video card and my Wifi adapter have failed so far. I am installing Vista alongside 8 just so I can have functionality while I wait for more drivers + more stability. I got a newer Wifi adapter as well since mine was when XP was out and is pretty old but nonetheless. I'd suggest doing a dual boot because most stuff won't work with 8 when it comes out due to lack of updated drivers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.