Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 841 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
windows8lh.jpg

This thread is where you can post questions for any problems or any queries for the new operating system, let us know how your getting on add photo's off your desktop and just general chit-chat.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/meet

For people looking to buy it in the Uk

For people looking in the US (standard)

Us Pro

Here is some screenshots http://www.blogdefined.com/2011/09/windows-8-screenshots-unveiled/

Feel free to post anything related to windows 8
smile.gif

Screenshots and a review by our very own tpi2007 http://www.overclock.net/windows/1117810-windows-8-information-discussion-thread-soon-15.html#post15219883
Thanks for this
smile.gif

How to create a shutdown tile
How to disable Windows 8 Metro UI
New security features with windows 8

cheers.gif

Club List:

Ryanbob1234
Tpi2007
Tweeky
Stych9
newbrevolution
bfromcolo
GrizzleBoy
Chakravant
luckyduck
phillyd

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'd like to know if this version has portable workspaces (I think that was what it was called). Its supposed to create a portable and bootable full Windows environment on a USB drive. It was available on some earlier leaks although it was buggy.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Ya so does anyone know how I can change my location for the weather app? I'm not from California...

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by evermooingcow;14944960
I'd like to know if this version has portable workspaces (I think that was what it was called). Its supposed to create a portable and bootable full Windows environment on a USB drive. It was available on some earlier leaks although it was buggy.
I think they are planning on doing this but they have got too many bugs on the system at the moment to release it just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanisx;14945359
Ya so does anyone know how I can change my location for the weather app? I'm not from California...
At the moment you Dont, Its Microsoft's way of saying unless your in California.......You lose.

It's stupid really but they will soon fix this......... apparently

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanisx;14945359
Launch the weather app and right-click anywhere on the app after it's up. You can use Windows Location service to find your location and add/edit locations if you like.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowslinger;14945892
Is there email? The only thing I can not find is email?

Windows index score went from 5.2 in W7 to 5.6 W8

So far I like it start menu on right takes a bit to get used to.
Ah nice, Lets hope there are more benefits to it, might run index score on mine in a hour and see if there is any improvement to it all
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14945951
Launch the weather app and right-click anywhere on the app after it's up. You can use Windows Location service to find your location and add/edit locations if you like.
Well done Veblen, was thinking its stupid that its only California who can view their weather.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14945951
I've quickly learned that when on doubt, right click! It has a lot of uses in Win8!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does in all fairness, has plenty of new features.

Just want to be able to disable the new tiles.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wheee.gif
how did you remove the tiles?

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cant find it my mate did but I just shut it down via command prompt
tongue.gif

open command prompt and type shutdown -s

·
Registered
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbob1234;14949915
I cant find it my mate did but I just shut it down via command prompt
tongue.gif

open command prompt and type shutdown -s
I found it, if you go to the start account page and drag your cursor to the bottom left corner search share devices and settings will pop up. Click settings and a tile to right will open, power button is there
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrowslinger
View Post

I found it, if you go to the start account page and drag your cursor to the bottom left corner search share devices and settings will pop up. Click settings and a tile to right will open, power button is there

Nicely played sir.

I need to use it more and get learning how to use its new gui.

Might start tweaking it if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outtamymind
View Post

looks good, currently downloading as we speak. going to test it out on my netbook which is running the atom core and 1gb ram which Win8 is supposed to run quite nicely on so we shall see how that goes

should be fine to run on that bud :thiumb:

It will optimise it's self to each computer to run at top speed

here's some screen shots for you to look at whist you wait

http://www.blogdefined.com/2011/09/w...hots-unveiled/

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbob1234
View Post

Nicely played sir.

I need to use it more and get learning how to use its new gui.

Might start tweaking it if possible.

should be fine to run on that bud :thiumb:

It will optimise it's self to each computer to run at top speed

here's some screen shots for you to look at whist you wait

http://www.blogdefined.com/2011/09/w...hots-unveiled/

ya i know it will run, but curious if it will run better then windows 7 at the moment. windows 7 currently is a little laggy for it, but oddly ultimate runs better then starter on it lol.

still should be interesting to see how it goes and see if there are any performance increase in it. i'm kinda looking forward to playing around with the tile app that it has

1 - 20 of 841 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.