Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm just gonna break this down because otherwise I will ramble and it will get very confusing

I used to use my C300 SSD as my primary, and dual booted ubuntu and windows 7 on it. Never used ubuntu and formatted the whole drive and just used windows.
Got a new OCZ SSD and did a fresh install of windows on it, and formatted the C300 inside windows.
Fast forward to today, I'm planning on moving the C300 into my HTPC.
Take the drive out and suddenly my PC no longer will boot, so I figure I'll just repair the boot loader and be all set. I build a Windows 7 install USB, and do the startup repair, it says it found an issue and fixed it, I reboot and it shoots right into windows. Awesome all fixed....until
I take the flashdrive out, and once again, I'm stuck with an errored boot loader and it's now installed on my USB drive?
When I try to boot to the flash drive to run the fix again, or just reinstall windows (I somewhat planned on doing that anyway) it just boots straight into windows, and will not go to the windows install anymore.

I'm rebuilding the USB installer and hopefully it will fix this, because if not I probably won't be able to get into windows anymore.

Is there any other way I can force a rebuild of the bootloader without the USB? I'm assuming when I try to repair again it's just going to do the exact same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.