Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN,
I have this trouble with windows compatibility issues. Under Steam/Properties I unchecked all compatiblity boxes. I even removed it from the registry. I do not want to do a clean install of steam cuz that will take a long time. Can someone suggest another solution as reinstalling will be a last resort for me?

rep for help
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
A clean install of steam does not take a long time. Just take the steamapps folder out of whichever folder your copy of steam is installed in, uninstall steam, reinstall, move the folder back in, and then do a cache verification on all of your games. About half of them will have a short 30 second download to fix them, everything else will remain intact.

Double check that folder name though, I'm not on my steam computer right now.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

A clean install of steam does not take a long time. Just take the steamapps folder out of whichever folder your copy of steam is installed in, uninstall steam, reinstall, move the folder back in, and then do a cache verification on all of your games. About half of them will have a short 30 second download to fix them, everything else will remain intact.
Double check that folder name though, I'm not on my steam computer right now.
You can do that?
ok imma try then and report back

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
So long as you grab the right folder, and verify the cache of each game, yep.

I just did it while moving steam over to my SSD, and that's going from one different file system to the other. Everything works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts