Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I wasn't sure were to post so I figured here made sense.

Ok. Just recently when I turn on my computer I have gotten and error saying something about microsoft has crashed and so forth (you know the popups we all hate em)so I figured its nothing and just continued on doing what I was doing. I then leave my computer for like 10 or so minutes and I come back to see it at the log in screen and find that it had restarted. At first I think its the ram because before I was having this problem and I and switched the ram slots which fixed the problem. But its not the ram this time and its getting me mad. So far its done it four times in the past like 2 or so hours. The funny part is though that it only restarts when im not doing anything. Ill post when it happens again all the details of the error message.

oh and srry for the long description just thought the more info the better the answer.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Once you get it straightened out get Firefox for browsing the web... popups... what are those

1. Disable the Restore option.
2. Reboot to safe mode and scan... the free SpyBot Search & Distroy or Ad-Aware work well.

• Rep+
Reactions: Grimshaw

·
Registered
867 Posts
If all else fails, it would be a good time to reformat your hard drive. It does a complete wipe of your hard drive and then you can start fresh. Just set apart an hour or two to do this and your PC will thank you for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I didnt get a message this time (this can be both good and bad unfortunatly)but I think I discoverd the problem. I have this program called Azureus Im sure you've heard of it and recently it had an update and the errors occured after that. I dont know if there linked but if possible I would love for a way that doesnt involve reformating or deleting Azureus (i have like 5 hours of installing and who knows how long of downloading if i reformat)Im gonna monitor this and see what happens if I dont run Azureus. Any more ideas would be great. Ill post if problems solved. But if it is Azerous I guess I wont have a choice but to delete it

Thx for the help

·
Registered
867 Posts
The BitTorrent client? If so, then it is probably either caused by the client itself or the Java software it needs to run. You can try reinstalling Azureus to see if it solves anything.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
yeah most people here recommend reformatinf, i dont get it, thats an extreme option and should be used as a last resort imo.
well next time it pops up, come back to this thread and tell us all.
as for now, maybe you should just let it be for a while until, it comes up again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya no its a big drive oh and forgot about the specs part I've just recently benn aloud on the website (unknown reason) and had to create a new account becasue every time I was to log onto my other account it would say "You have been banned......."(Yet to get an answer to why) oh and on topic so far so good my computer succesfully went into screen saver and hasnt crashed yet. Im going to walk my dog and hope it hasnt restarted. If it hasnt buh bye Azerous
. Ill update my specs now but im unsure what that will help its quite a new system(under 4 months).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol 9 now and Im about to leave. I dont really have a choice on going or not its a matter of life or death. Ive updated most of my specs(hope you like em
)Im now 90% sure it was Azerous so Ill probally uninstall it and either find a new program or reinstall. Thx for all you help Ill make sure to rep you all

edit oops filled in memory twice lol.
fixed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im now 100% sure that Azureus was the problem. Just thanking you all for the help and you have recieved the rep points you deserve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts