Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 10-15 minutes the screen will lose signal and display "no input".. after about 20 seconds of this i'll hit the restart button on my pc and it'l still display nothing then my video card starts screaming like a vaccuum. then the pc will power-cycle a few times and boot me into the bios saying i overclocked wrong and my voltages are jacked... I am overclocked on my cpu but it passes linx 20 passes and 8 hours of prime blend tests and i tests 4 hours of large FFTs and it's 100% stable.. and Crysis isn't even using up all my system's resources, cores don't even hit 100% so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my card. It's a gts 250 and I just installed these drivers..

please help

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Have you tried to monitor you Graphic Card temperature? there is GPU-Z for that, but I use EVEREST Ultimate Edition...as good as GPU-Z

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
downloaded GPU-Z and set it to show max temp, windows crashed as I was checking.. only lasted about 7 minutes this time. max temp was 75c. I have noticed my card doesn't get any louder or anything while gaming but is 75c even enough to cause it to crash?

it's running about 55c on idle. clock is at 738Mhz mem clock is at 1Ghz and shaders are at 1836Mhz

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
75c is pretty high, over 80c and your asking for trouble, 90c will fry it.
Also check those OCZ golds for temps. I don't know about golds but the platinums aren't very good OCers and both do get hot. Those heat spreaders aren't any good, they're made out of thin aluminum. (like foil) I've seen them curl up like burnt aluminum foil.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update: the problem still persists guys. i noticed the screen goes black but audio still goes on and then the card starts creaming. i'll restart the computer it'll power cycle and then reset my bios settings

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Update your motherboard BIOS.

Try reverting to an earlier Nvidia driver such as 197.13.

·
Loosing Vision
1,885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulo dourado
View Post

update: the problem still persists guys. i noticed the screen goes black but audio still goes on and then the card starts creaming. i'll restart the computer it'll power cycle and then reset my bios settings

You go the same Mobo as I do... I had the same issue happening till something got corrupted in my system and I just finished reinstalling Win 7. I have ATI cards though.. I think it is a OC setting causing your problem.. But I could be wrong. Seems like though I tweaked my settings (Memory) I was still having the same issue.. I started over..

Working fine now.
Hope you resolve it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts