Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just modded my Premier 2000SPL and MTX Thunder 250.2 car equipment into my PC speaker system.

Now I have a problem!!

The subwoofer is picking up 60Hz-100Hz roughly. I need to drop that 60Hz tone down about 6-8dB or so, so it'll pick up the REALLY low tones better and more even.

So I'm in need of some sort of Windows EQ setup. I am NOT after a plug-in for Winamp or WMP or something like that. I need something that works kinda like the Creative Software that comes with some cards. That way I can have the same 60Hz limit in games and stuff too.

Ideas?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by noobdown
View Post

dosent the creative software have a built in eq?

No Creative software for Vista on a Live! card
. Otherwise I'd use that. Unless somebody can point me in that direction. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for...but I can't find it for my card.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes
View Post

Try this one. http://headwize.com/download/awida_gep21.zip only 15 bands though.

I don't really care how many bands it has, lol. I just need to cut 60Hz down some, and keep the same sound quality I already have.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes
View Post

Try this one. http://headwize.com/download/awida_gep21.zip only 15 bands though.

Nope, that one is for input devices such as a microphone or the line in. I already tried that one yesterday, lol.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:


Originally Posted by noobdown
View Post

give this a try
http://www.aeonity.com/david/creativ...vista-download

I'll give that one a try as a last resort, I'm loving my current drivers just fine...I just have no Creative Applications for some odd reason. I don't know why Daniel K didn't include those in the driver
.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,775 Posts
He didn't? Mine has the full Creative suite. Unless the X-Fi and Live! DKs are different.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz6804 View Post
He didn't? Mine has the full Creative suite. Unless the X-Fi and Live! DKs are different.
Yeah mine was just the hardware driver, and that was it
.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump....this still hasn't been answered!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still no answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Still no answer.

Does it have to be software? I would simply look to get a PA EQ of ebay for cheap or something like this http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFBQ1502 and use it between your soundcard and the amp? Im really not a fan of software EQ so i cant help there but if i were you id get on external EQ
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: pioneerisloud

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:


Originally Posted by a1161979
View Post

Does it have to be software? I would simply look to get a PA EQ of ebay for cheap or something like this http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFBQ1502 and use it between your soundcard and the amp? Im really not a fan of software EQ so i cant help there but if i were you id get on external EQ


Not a bad idea, however $100 isn't exactly cheap in my books. I'd really prefer something more along the lines of free, or at least some sort of software charge, so I can use it on future builds. I'm not always going to have this stereo setup I'm sure (especially since my front right channel is dying).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Not a bad idea, however $100 isn't exactly cheap in my books. I'd really prefer something more along the lines of free, or at least some sort of software charge, so I can use it on future builds. I'm not always going to have this stereo setup I'm sure (especially since my front right channel is dying).

Try Ebay you should be able to get a PA EQ for $50, and you will always be able to use it as long as you have audio
It can be used in the living room, for headphone EQ and i even know someone with one in his car between his head unit and amplifers


But i guess $50 is still not cheap


Just my
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:


Originally Posted by a1161979
View Post

Try Ebay you should be able to get a PA EQ for $50, and you will always be able to use it as long as you have audio
It can be used in the living room, for headphone EQ and i even know someone with one in his car between his head unit and amplifers


But i guess $50 is still not cheap


Just my


I understand where you're coming from. It does make sense to go that route, I was kinda hoping for a free alternative though
. Otherwise, I'd just invest in a better soundcard that comes with a software EQ (such as an X-Fi or the Asus one...forgot the name). It also doesn't help that I just lost my job....so that makes free an absolute must at this point in time.

But to me, it would make more sense to invest in a better soundcard instead of buying a hardware EQ. I would have no interest really in using an EQ other than for this particular setup....which probably won't last. A better soundcard however could follow me into my next rig, even if these speakers aren't used on it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump....still no definite answer.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top