Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I deleted the file that belonged to the SP2 of windows 7. The reasoning behind this was because I was trying to reinstall Microsoft Office, but it told me that some Groove thing needed to be removed. I went into the control panel and mistakenly deleted that other file.

Now when I try to uninstall/install Microsoft Office, my computer just shuts down by itself. Any help here!

EDIT: I now know what I deleted!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Try repair option from windows cd ?

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Windows 7 is only on SP1 which just came out a few weeks ago. Could you be more specific with this groove thing that you are talking about? What was the reason you were reinstalling office anyways? Also, you cant just delete things from the control panel so I am a little confused about what you are trying to say

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Sit it down, give it a couple glasses of water, and let it sleep for a bit. Should be fine by next morning. If not then give it a couple aspirin and it should be good to go.

·
Registered
912 Posts
run command prompt and type 'sfc /scannow'
that will check all system files and if one is missing or corrupt, windows will restore it from its backup location (somewhere else in windows)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fazio93
View Post

that will check all system files and if one is missing or corrupt, windows will restore it from its backup location (somewhere else in windows)

Thanks. Gonna try it right now. I hope it works.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fazio93
View Post

That is probably the best answer you will get. If that doesn't work I would suggest reinstalling windows. Its hard to troubleshoot your issue with the info you gave. I'm sure there is a fix but without being able to sit down with the pc, there isnt much we can do to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts