Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a Window XP Home SP2-OEM and there is no damn code (which is the whole reason I bought it) *** is this? I payed $100 for a damn install CD which I didn't need. Does anyone know where the code might be? The box? the CD? Does OEM have a code?

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Cd key should ne on the box. They are never on the cd inself. Where did you buy it from if there is no cd key code number

·
Registered
52 Posts
OEM codes are on the machine that it came with..

Did you buy this CD from a retailer or off an individual?

Usually OEM OSs come with a bunch of bootable installation CDs from the manufacturer. My laptop is an OEM machine, came with the OS CD and 3 other installation discs from Compaq. There's a sticker underneath the laptop with the licence details including the CD-Key.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Where did you buy? I bought the 100$ upgrade edition from Best buy, but I didnt get a COA, just a folder with the code.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radwen

I'm curious .. what does this have to do with cooling discussions ?

lol

I just realised that this thread is...for some reason...in the cooling forum.

Mr. Admin-man! time to move!

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
if you bought it from newegg there SHOULD be a COA on the back of the little manual you get. thats where mine was.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The newest OEMs do not have plastic, rectangular stickers (first attachment -- these come in slightly different designs). They're now paper with pastel colors (second attachment). And the folder style packages (third attachment) have an orange sticker behind the cd (not shown).

·
Registered
604 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madkat

really? i have the first style. the 2nd one is just ugly. i have 2 copies of the 3rd one. i like those the best

They aren't sticky through the middle either... Just the top and bottom so you can remove the sticker without much trouble. I'm not sure what that's about though.

EDIT:
Here's the answer...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts