Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my computer today all nice and fine. I turned it off, and then came back later and turned it on. Well, of course it didn't wuite get real far. It got to the "Windows did not start up succesfully" garbage. Gave me Safe mode, safe mode wih networking, last known good config....etc. Well, I've tried them all and nothing... I put the disk in and changed the boot sequence to CD first. I didn't get real far. I'm in the recovery deal and don't know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!! BTW this is the second time my pc freaked out on my within 2 days.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
184 Posts
agreed...let chkdsk finish. It might take a while.You could possibly have a dieing harddrive. Hope you have backed up any important data.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there really isn't anything that important on the actual hardrive. Most of my data is online. It's just a leasure "gaming" PC I built a couple of years ago. The only real bummer would be losing all of my photos and music. But I just realied I have all of that stored on my iPod. This is just another reason to get another HD.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"CHKDSK found and fixed one or more errors on the volume.
156280288 kilobytes total disk space.
36116156 kilobytes are available.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
39070072 total allocation units on disk.
9029039 allocation units available on disk."

okay.... I guess this is good news?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ALRIGHT!!! Thank you so much. It's been a while since I've been on this site and thank God I remembered it. Everything seems to be alright.

One thing, I took out 1gb of RAM during this just to see if the sticks were faulty, how should I go about putting them back in without this happening all over again? Same with my RAM cooling fans.

Also, should I restart (or turn off/on) my PC now that it is working again to see if it stays working?

·
Registered
184 Posts
well make sure you power off your computer first and unplug power from wall. Install ram and fans. Plug in to power and turn on computer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.