Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't really know where to put this, so here it is.

So my PC, every once in a while or maybe twice every few days, it will startup then say "Loading operating system." However, it will stay stuck even after 5 minutes. So I decide to shut it down, when I do, it starts up automatically and then shuts off. Then it starts up again for about 2 seconds then shuts off. The comp was upgraded from AMD to Intel so it might be something I did wrong. Im really afraid something is damaged. I also must mention at one point some idiot decided to leave some kind of liquid on top of my computer (it was off thank god) and then spill it without telling me for a bit. Once I had noticed it I cleaned it thoroughly. Unsure as to whether this would be the problem since it has worked a while without doing such things. If it is because of this, any idea's on how to fix it besides cleaning it, of course.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobanmanx2 View Post

Didn't really know where to put this, so here it is.
So my PC, every once in a while or maybe twice every few days, it will startup then say "Loading operating system." However, it will stay stuck even after 5 minutes. So I decide to shut it down, when I do, it starts up automatically and then shuts off. Then it starts up again for about 2 seconds then shuts off. The comp was upgraded from AMD to Intel so it might be something I did wrong. Im really afraid something is damaged. I also must mention at one point some idiot decided to leave some kind of liquid on top of my computer (it was off thank god) and then spill it without telling me for a bit. Once I had noticed it I cleaned it thoroughly. Unsure as to whether this would be the problem since it has worked a while without doing such things. If it is because of this, any idea's on how to fix it besides cleaning it, of course.
Have you reset the bios yet?

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you're using a gigabyte board aren't you?

The power cycling on the gigabyte boards, from my experience, is typically caused by bad memory timings, or just bad memory. Run memtest, and try raising your CL by 1 if they come up clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts