Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a blue screen pops up and says:

a problem has been detected and windoes has been shut down to prevent damage ot my computer

IRQL_BOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

......blablabla

can anyone tell me what might have causes this??

2500+
FSB:190
MULTI:11.5
CPUvoltage: 1.775v
RAMvoltage: 2.7v

OK...
now there is no display when i turn the computer on...
what do i do><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by blob

Increase the ram voltage a bit.

The ram should not be a problem because it is DDR400 running at DDR380. However you could try 2.8v for the ram. might do somthing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by Pathlock

a blue screen pops up and says:

a problem has been detected and windoes has been shut down to prevent damage ot my computer

IRQL_BOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

......blablabla

can anyone tell me what might have causes this??

2500+
FSB:190
MULTI:11.5
CPUvoltage: 1.775v
RAMvoltage: 2.7v

OK...
now there is no display when i turn the computer on...
what do i do><
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
unplug the computer. Take your graphics card and your ram out, Then reinstall them. plug computer back in.

What kind/speed ram do you have?????

Its worth a try!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
i had the same problem...i jus reinstalled xp and it fixed it...on the fone w/ dell for 1.5 hrs reformatting/partitioning hdd, installing xp... just reinstall it its a good thing...make sure that you don't have anythign you want on your hdd, you lose it all when your reformat.
Quote:


Originally Posted by Crash

unplug the computer. Take your graphics card and your ram out, Then reinstall them. plug computer back in.

What kind/speed ram do you have?????

Its worth a try!

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,674 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Pathlock

a blue screen pops up and says:

a problem has been detected and windoes has been shut down to prevent damage ot my computer

IRQL_BOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

......blablabla

can anyone tell me what might have causes this??

2500+
FSB:190
MULTI:11.5
CPUvoltage: 1.775v
RAMvoltage: 2.7v

OK...
now there is no display when i turn the computer on...
what do i do><

Poor guy, I went through that to! I searched the MS data base and it was of no help, the peeps in the OS area offered some suggestions too but its still there on a pulled drive. Some times it's related to, acc to MS, the virtual mem setting and if it's on auto never mind. Did you load someone elses OEM CD or DVD-ROM softs to use with your burner? That might do it.
Any way good luck ;(
BTW, it wasn't a card or voltage w/mine. I popped in a spare 80g and reloaded and all is fine.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by BSman

The ram should not be a problem because it is DDR400 running at DDR380. However you could try 2.8v for the ram. might do somthing.

i run mine at 2.8... it seems that value ram needs the extra voltage to work well
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
955 Posts
Shame on you PathLock... did you forget about Padre Google... he knows everything.... http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_N..._OR_EQUAL.html states that it is likely cpu overheating... and my guess its that or another device overheating... it happened to me when i had a premade PC... open her up and a can of air should fix it... if not do the other things... but before such time consuming efforts check the google results here and see what other people say the problem could be

EDIT: I assume you didnt do it because unlike me, your not used to errors... I get the ALL THE FRIGGIN time so I found sites like annoyances.org and the other few thousand sites dedicated to the various error messages and other problems pc's have.... these sites are needed because no tech support guidebook(which they are given) can contain all the instances... if you find you have a relatively individual cause that led to the problem do us all a favor and find a post related to the problem and post details about your problem and how you fixed it so someone else can stumble upon it and fix it...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top