Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....i haven't reformatted my system since i started to overclock, and i feel its effects. windows boots slow and it takes time to even load whendoze when i'm at the black screen where its like "Verifying something or another blah blah crap".

Can i reformat windows overclocked, or do i need to drop everything back down to stock before i reformat? tks.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I think that it will be fine OCed

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Just to be safe I would reformat stock. I dont think you want your system crashing in the middle of formatting or windows install.
But first I would do some checks on your HD. It's obvious it's your HD if your system is booting slow, etc...
I usually run disk cleanup once a week, and defrag once a week. Keeps it quick and in order.
You could also try to disable alot of services on startup which dramatically decreases boot time.
Do a search for "Black Vipers windows xp tweaks". And there is a list of multiple services that can be disabled that are never used.
When my computer boots to desktop, and I check out task manager (ctrl+alt+del), I only have 14 Processes running.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

Just to be safe I would reformat stock. I dont think you want your system crashing in the middle of formatting or windows install.

That is true. It's not like it is difficult to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts