Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I wanna know some windows themes site were i can download the theme , and i want it for WINDOWS .. all the another sites are for mac and linux i think .. :S so please post some sites to windows themes ..

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
enterprise1701 , those themes are for stylexp , but i want themes without some apps to install .. i already used stylexp and i didt like it , i have heard that it makes the computer slow and takes a lot o ram , and i dont want that .. idont know , maybe you know ?

·
Administrator
64,462 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TritoN

enterprise1701 , those themes are for stylexp , but i want themes without some apps to install .. i already used stylexp and i didt like it , i have heard that it makes the computer slow and takes a lot o ram , and i dont want that .. idont know , maybe you know ?

Well mate ive used the apps from that site and everything has been just fine...Some of those themes you dont need third party software.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
no, stylexp doesnt take many resources at all... you can tell it to load just what it needs in the settings and then open task manager and close any stylexp process you find

stylexp basically patches your uxtheme.dll in memory so once it does it, you can close the process through task manager... or you can get the uxtheme.dll patch at somewhere like www.neowin.net... it patches the file on your hard drive so you wont need stylexp at all but can still use msstyles

also, you can try windowblinds... version 5 was just released and its much better than previous versions, from what I hear

wincustomize and themexp are good sites... but I also recommend checking through www.neowin.net and www.customize.org

fyi, if its called an msstyle, you can use the uxtheme patch or stylexp to use it natively... if you try windowblinds, youll have to use skin studio to import msstyles to convert them in order to use them as windowblinds has its own format

1 - 11 of 11 Posts