Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Windows Vista RC2? It seems Microsoft had it avalible for a while on their website, but pulled it for some reason

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy
View Post

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Windows Vista RC2? It seems Microsoft had it avalible for a while on their website, but pulled it for some reason

Is it illigal to give a friend a copy of rc2 if the first friend has a legit copy and valid keys? If so I can help ya out. If not, I duno who these 'friends' are...

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopes
View Post

Is it illigal to give a friend a copy of rc2 if the first friend has a legit copy and valid keys? If so I can help ya out. If not, I duno who these 'friends' are...

As far as I know, it is not illigal to give me a copy of RC2, since Microsoft is not charging anything for it in the first place, and I have a ligit key for RC1

·
Registered
804 Posts
it doesn't matter if u give ur whole family it, since u can get a valid key for free, but at then end of this year when vista is on sale the keys will become invalid and u will have to buy a copy and then its illegal..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopes
View Post

The reason it got pulled off was because the winmen decided to only give it to a limited crowd. And indeed if its free how can it be illegal to pass on?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't know if it is illegal, but I would imagine that its not, only because you still need the required License Key from Microsoft. Which he already has, I might add.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000
View Post

You don't really have permission to do it, but microsoft wouldn't pay any attention to it

Why dont we have permission to do it? Does it say somewhere in the EULA that we cant transfer it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts