Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a (brand new) Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard, and am now having issues getting my computer to acknowledge my keyboard and mouse.

In the BIOS, my computer recognizes my keyboard just fine. I can fiddle with the BIOS settings as much as I want. When Windows boots up, however, my computer suddenly "forgets" my keyboard and my mouse and therefore I can't do anything. I can't even exit out of Windows' "error recovery" menu (which now comes up every time I boot Windows now due to my constant rebooting while trying to fix the issue).

I am at a loss on what to do and I was hoping someone here could help me.

Build specs are:
Mobo: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
CPU: Q9650
RAM: 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 (2x1GB & 2x2GB)
VGA: Sapphire 4850X2 2GB
Mouse: Generic Microsoft USB optical mouse
Keyboard: Generic Dell USB keyboard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you tell me how to install the drivers without a working keyboard and mouse, then?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried it with an HP optical mouse and a different generic Dell keyboard. Same results. : (

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Go into the bios and enable USB keyboard support. Had to do that for my UD3P

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sometimes the bios default disables your keyboard/mouse, at least it did for mine. Go to your bios and enable legacy usb keyboard/mouse.

edit: sickened beat me to it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone! I enabled legacy usb support and Windows had no problems recognizing my keyboard and mouse! Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Glad to see you fixed it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts