Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is Windows XP Pro 64 Bit a real pain in the you know what when it comes to installing drivers, Anti-Virus software, or anything of that sort. And, if it isn't for you, please tell me what you did!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
from what i heard, 64 bit windows requires a whole load of new drivers, if you have old hardware like digital cameras apparently windows 64bit wont install them, from what a friend told me...

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
64 bit anything is a pain...good luck finding drivers for most cards and motherboard, good luck finding ANY program that even remotely uses 64 bit, cause you really wont (not for windows at least) its best to just stick with 32 bit xp for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
it isnt in beta is it, im sure i seen 64bit Windows on a shelf in PCWORLD the other week...

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
*****...by beta he means its still in testing by other companies...sure the OS is released, hell even microsoft still doesnt have it right, and wont for a while, also programmers have to program their software in 64 bit and so do game companies and a lot of them arent very willing to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
64bit technology wont be taken to the full until the 'almighty' vista comes out *rolls eyes*.

Only linux has taken it seriously so far. Every distro I've seen has 64bit editions. Microsoft only released XP64 to proove they could. They havent put anytime into it purely because the majority of machines are still 32bit. 64bit wont become mainstream accepted until companies like Dell and HP start getting they're backsides in motion and selling AMD chips with 64bit capabilities. Which, until AMD get theyre new production-places built, will be a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts