Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im pretty new to the whole Linux scene but I know a little here and there, So basically im trying to run a .EXE file on Linux. I've tried opening it with wine, Basically it says its loading... loading... loading. and then nothing happens. No window, No error messages. Im stumped. Any help ?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodterror
View Post

Okay so im pretty new to the whole Linux scene but I know a little here and there, So basically im trying to run a .EXE file on Linux. I've tried opening it with wine, Basically it says its loading... loading... loading. and then nothing happens. No window, No error messages. Im stumped. Any help ?

more info would help

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If it is an .exe file, and you run this in a terminal.:

Code:

Code:
wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]
You have successfully attempted to execute the program.

Now, if it doesn't run, how can we help you if you don't even tell us what the program you are trying to run is? Each program runs differently in WINE, some work and some don't. You can tell us what you are trying to run, and we might have a few suggestions for you.

Another thing you can do is run the .exe in a 'verbose-like' mode, so it will tell you probably what is going wrong. Just run it in a terminal:

Code:

Code:
WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine PROGRAM.exe
So as Ent said... more info please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.