Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have a Winfast PX8800GTX that started artifacting a lil while ago in some games, at stock speeds. then it stopped screening alltogethor. the PC still beeps, i tried it in a diff pc. no luck.

So i decided to check i9f the core and mem are getting voltage. i used these measure points with my DMM and the mem is getting 1.96 volts and the core is getting 1.3 volts. so voltage seems to be getting through fine.

Im puzzled as to what it can be. the card still seems to be alive in a way. its getting voltage 2 core and mem, and if i unplug 6 pin cables and try start it then it makes the long beep which means power shortage. so it seems to be alive still. but no screen.

Any help appreciated, or any points i should measure with my dmm to check if its a voltage problem

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post
Try this link to find where your DMM vgpu and vmem points are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG8z View Post
Hi used these measure points with my DMM and the mem is getting 1.96 volts and the core is getting 1.3 volts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post
But honestly, this is most likely not a voltage issue, as your card is most likely aging and might require a replacement/RMA.
Thats the problem. i am in nz so winfast will not let me do direct warrenty through them. :swearing: and i do not no where this card was originally bought from.

So if i could fix it that would be awesome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the mem is getting 1.96 volts and the core is getting 1.3 volts. is this the standard voltage?

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
core is standard voltage, unsure of the RAM as I've never vmemed my 8800GTX...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am View Post
core is standard voltage, unsure of the RAM as I've never vmemed my 8800GTX...
Great, so core is at standard, and 1.96 sound about normal for most cards mem. Now to work out why it wont screen.

The fan spins normal speed, not uber-fast like a lot of screwed cards do. it realizes its short on voltage if i remove 6 pin cables and try turn it on, big long beeping. and it gets voltage to core and mem. so i would think that the gpu is processing the data, but its stopping somewhere on its way to the DVI ports...

:swearing:

EDIT: H3||scr3am, i was about to give you rep but ***? your rep button is gone. lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you guys think it would work if i could find another person with an 8800gtx near me, and try put this one and a fully working one into sli. because the GPU may be fully functional, and same with the mem. and if i put it into sli and use the working ones DVI ports it may work?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. now this is really screwed up. i tried running it through a dvi to vga adapter on a VGA Screen and now it works, partly. But it artifacts constantly, random lines ect.

So i go and install the drivers for it, then restart. When i restart the artifacting is soo bad i cant see anything at all. so i manage to go into safe mode, and uninstall the drivers, i then restart, and its back to not artifacting too bad. i can at least see then.

So i reflash the bios with about 100mhz taken off both the core and mem, then restart. No change, still artifacting pretty bad. And by artifacting i mean artifacting ALL the time, even in 2d mode.

The cards heatsink is not getting very hot at all. i even cranked up the fan speed to 100% and still no change. So its not heat related.

!!!???

Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.