Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I wanna go for a Winnie 3000+ but I heard on another forum that a Winnie 3200+ might be better coz of the 10x multiplier.
Oc'ing Potential seems to be very similar...

What do you guys think?

greetings cyberstar

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
you can get insanely high FSB with a 3000...but you will most likely get a higher clock out of the 3200 provided you have the best ram, cooling, and mobo money can buy

·
Registered
142 Posts
If u don't have the greatest ram and want to OC get the 3200+, If u do have good ram u can go with the 3000+ but then again why buy the good ram if u are gonna cheap out on your cpu
. I think the 3200+ is the sweet spot for AMD for price/function/ocability. Allthough u can get about the same speed with the 3000+ u will have to push your ram 11% harder then with the 3200+ (9x compared to 10x multi)

·
Banned
789 Posts
I have NEVER been more pleased with a processor in my entire life than I am with this 3000+ Winnie that I'm running. I have a great set of surrounding components that have let me sky rocket this sucker to 4000+ speeds with aircooling.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
3200 if u have leser ram as than higher fsb will help u out (hey the multis down locked ne way) or the 3000 if u have v good high fsb ram!- (its more likley that the 3200 wil be a better piece of silicon and so may have higher oc potential)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for reply guys. I'll go for a 3200+ I think coz I got 2x512 MB Infineon DDR-400 CL2.5 and thats not really good mem. Probably I'll buy a Antec PSU and an ABit NF7 this month for my lil xp-m and blast him to hell first!
Whats the fastest xp-m superpi time here? Anyway. I'll look for myself...

greetings Voltage_Boy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check your memory modules against the board you are going to buy at the MB providers website. With the ASUS board it was critical to use approved/tested memory for OC purposes.

Managed to get 275 FSB on my 3000 Winny.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure I'll check that. But my Question is: Can I use Mem Divider on my Winnie without a big performance loss coz my mem maxes out @ 220-230?

·
Banned
642 Posts
go for the 3000+ my friend has his at 2.7 stable great overclocking and the 3200+ is way more than the 3000+ so to me its eather u get the 3000+ or the 3500+ the 3200+ is outta the picture

1 - 10 of 10 Posts