Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Suddenly, new Windows 7 builds are coming at a rapid clip and, more notably, are leaking much more quickly. In the past, we'd see builds that were a month or more old at the time. But the most recent leak, of build 7057, is just a week old. Progress!

As with the previous few leaked builds I've seen, there are numerous small changes this time around. The Setup wallpaper has been changed. There are new default icons in the Start Menu, and a new padlock icon overlay appears on protected folders. Again, there are new Themes, and some new wallpapers. There are also new user account images for the first time. There's probably more, but I've barely had time to run a quick lap around this version of the OS. If there's more, I'll be sure to write it up.

Here are a few shots showing off Windows 7 build 7057.
source: http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_7057.asp

for those too lazy to DL and test

·
Registered
787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NikeySunfire View Post
it's clear that Windows 7 won't have a new theme right?
doubtful unless they spring it on us at last minute

this new build does have new startup and shutdown screens which i happen to find quite nice

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Darn, only the x86 version is leaked (so far).

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Have they added a way to make explorer suck less? I have been messing with it a bit and it seems so much less intuitive then previous versions. I spent like 3 minutes and couldn't figure out how to add a new folder with just the mouse when inside another folder in details view where the details took up the eniter screen (which I didn't force to happen so yes, this could happen to others). Though I believe I turned off all of the "fancy" crap. Oh well, its go home from work time!

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirmie View Post
Have they added a way to make explorer suck less? I have been messing with it a bit and it seems so much less intuitive then previous versions. I spent like 3 minutes and couldn't figure out how to add a new folder with just the mouse when inside another folder in details view where the details took up the eniter screen (which I didn't force to happen so yes, this could happen to others). Though I believe I turned off all of the "fancy" crap. Oh well, its go home from work time!

wat?

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
WHOA NEW ICONS!?!? Hasn't happened since what..XP?

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Is it okay to dl this? And where could I get it?

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Zyklon View Post
like Dave Grohl would say, windows 7 is gonna be

The Best

The Best

The Best

The Best
yes

yes

yes

yes

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Guys stop asking where you can dowlnoad. You can't...legally..do it. I'm not going to tell you where to get illegal things.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan0550
View Post

Can these build run on an Eee-PC?
Intel Atom N270, 1GB ram, look at my sig rig...

It runs great, and the video driver is automatically recognized and aero is enabled right away (unlike vista).

Do consider upgrading to 2gb though, its cheap and easy, and will make things much more snappy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts