Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is here annd heat isn't working. I have both the GPU and smp client running, with my PC exhaust aimed towards the center of my room and its keeping me warm


I wish I had a fermi right now
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
I've got two GTX 470's in my current rig, with a third due to arrive soon. This thing is literally heating the entire downstairs of my house.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
Not sure I'd say "winter" yet as such, but PC heating certainly is nice. By the time that winter gets to full force here in NC, I should be capable of dumping out ~500w w/ my sig rig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's snow and a blizzard here right now - I'm in Nunavut, Canada.
I'm only dumping about 75watts from the GPU :\\

My card doesn't need to be plugged into the PSU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Dirtyworks- That avatar is just all win. Do you have a high res of that?

on topic:
My tv and media center(gtx480 n i7 920 @ 4ghz) warm my entire downstairs. 2 desktops and a server warm the office...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post
There's snow and a blizzard here right now - I'm in Nunavut, Canada.
I'm only dumping about 75watts from the GPU :\\

My card doesn't need to be plugged into the PSU.
Weather is warmer than usual here today but winter will be here soon enough.


Make sure you sign up for the Canadian folding team for next months competition.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post
There's snow and a blizzard here right now - I'm in Nunavut, Canada.
I'm only dumping about 75watts from the GPU :\\

My card doesn't need to be plugged into the PSU.
Didn't realize where you were


Sounds like you need some new HW to heat your room better
4x GTX480
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_WRX02 View Post
Do u guys really use ur comp to heat up ur room? I like winter, cuz it helps me to reduce heat to achieve higher oc. I would open windows and turn down the heat to keep my comp cold. Am I weird?
Yes. But you're no differnet than us.
We've all put our computers in front of open windows "just to see"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_WRX02 View Post
Do u guys really use ur comp to heat up ur room? I like winter, cuz it helps me to reduce heat to achieve higher oc. I would open windows and turn down the heat to keep my comp cold. Am I weird?
No, that's what we're saying that we do.
We turn of all of the heat and just use the computers to heat everything with how hot they get.

Today is a bit warmer than usual for me, 80F, and my computer easily jacks it up to 90F. I walk into my room and it's like an oven.

Michigan always has some early blizzards though, so I'm excited for winter to come. :3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
Could have sworn it was still Fall.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_WRX02 View Post
Do u guys really use ur comp to heat up ur room? I like winter, cuz it helps me to reduce heat to achieve higher oc. I would open windows and turn down the heat to keep my comp cold. Am I weird?
I do the same thing most of the time. Keeps temps down from folding
.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,379 Posts
still 9000000 degrees here in california......

Fall i am dissapoint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post
No, that's what we're saying that we do.
We turn of all of the heat and just use the computers to heat everything with how hot they get.

Today is a bit warmer than usual for me, 80F, and my computer easily jacks it up to 90F. I walk into my room and it's like an oven.

Michigan always has some early blizzards though, so I'm excited for winter to come. :3
Oh come on, you Detroit guys have it easy. Try northern Michigan compared to Detroit. You guys hardly ever even get snow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayzer76 View Post
Dirtyworks- That avatar is just all win. Do you have a high res of that?
Unfortunately the biggest I have is 400x400.
---
I do plan to get a GTX465 or 2 with my next build (been looking for one to flash to a 470
). So that should help a bit


Winter starts significantly earlier here- the lake will be frozen over thick enough to drive a snowmobile on by the end of the month. I'll post a few pics, within the hour, of the snow here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post
Unfortunately the biggest I have is 400x400.
---
I do plan to get a GTX465 or 2 with my next build (been looking for one to flash to a 470
). So that should help a bit


Winter starts significantly earlier here- the lake will be frozen over thick enough to drive a snowmobile on by the end of the month. I'll post a few pics, within the hour, of the snow here

I've always wanted to visit the Canadian North. Must be awesome once winter really rolls around...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top