Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kid I got my 1st gen 8gb touch from had set it all up for him and everything with itunes and apps and the like. I want to wipe the whole thing back to the way it was when he first got it including music, photos etc.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
all you have to do is plug it into your itunes and simply hit restore

and it will download the restore package and install it on your ipod touch in about 10 mins or so

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only restore options I have are to wipe it back to how HE had it. Its still got his apps tied to his itunes when I do it.

·
Premium Member
14,331 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jam3s View Post
all you have to do is plug it into your itunes and simply hit restore

and it will download the restore package and install it on your ipod touch in about 10 mins or so
On your ipod go to settings > general > all the way to the bottom it says reset and will give you options of waht to do.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I formatted my iPod harddrive from Windows before (right-click, Format, etc.), and when I booted up iTunes, it did the rest of the work.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
On your ipod go to settings > general > all the way to the bottom it says reset and will give you options of waht to do.
+rep. Thanks alot!

Can be closed.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm. Not resolved. Now my ipod is stuck in a loop or with the pineapple logo on the screen.

What do I do? I already held both buttons to reset it and tried plugging it into a x32 pc and it still is doing the loop or bg thing. :/

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroin Rob
View Post

Hm. Not resolved. Now my ipod is stuck in a loop or with the pineapple logo on the screen.

What do I do? I already held both buttons to reset it and tried plugging it into a x32 pc and it still is doing the loop or bg thing. :/

·
System *****
2,527 Posts
Pineapple ?
Your touch is unlocked.
If your in a loop the only thing left to do is a master restore.
If that doesnt fix your problem then your logic board and the firmware on it is toast. Good bye touch. Hello new logic board needed.

Master reset is done by opening itunes >
Hold the home button and on/off button simultaneously to perform a standard reset >
Once resets, let go of on/off button but keep holding the home button >
" Or you can power the phone all the way off, and hold home button" >
Then plug in your ipod touch or iphone, while still holding the home button >
The screen should display itunes and the computer should pop a message in itunes that said this device is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.>
At this point you can release the home button and proceed with the restore.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK that worked. For now. Thanks. Ill rep when Im done with it all.

hahah it brought up this picture of some happy ass dude with russin wording that I cant understand. I cant decipher what the word means with my minimal russian skills.

No worries, well see how it goes!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroin Rob
View Post

OK that worked. For now. Thanks. Ill rep when Im done with it all.

hahah it brought up this picture of some happy ass dude with russin wording that I cant understand. I cant decipher what the word means with my minimal russian skills.

No worries, well see how it goes!

It did what? Thats pure insanity..

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its fixed! Awesome!

Any idea how to jail break it again? Its got version 2.2.1 on it now instead of the 2.2 that I had on it before all of this.

·
System *****
2,527 Posts
I would say do not jailbreak it again lol.
I only say that because i fix and repair iphones and all ipod generations for a living. I get so many people sending me their phones broke because of jailbreaking. Master restore usually fixes it, if it doesnt i tell them they need to buy a new logic board.
I think there is a new jailbreak software out for 2.2
I am unsure about this though, might try googling it.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arakasi View Post
I would say do not jailbreak it again lol.
I only say that because i fix and repair iphones and all ipod generations for a living. I get so many people sending me their phones broke because of jailbreaking. Master restore usually fixes it, if it doesnt i tell them they need to buy a new logic board.
I think there is a new jailbreak software out for 2.2
I am unsure about this though, might try googling it.
Good luck.
Yeah I got the thing free, and I dont really like it much, but I use it enough not to sell it. I really use it for stuff that is far easier to do with it jailbroken. Ill probably just go back to 2.2 and try it. I dont know what 2.2.1 has that 2.2 doesnt, but I cant see much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.