Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a wireless controller is there a wire or cord I can buy that plugs in the back and goes to a PC? or is the only way at all for DATA to be transfered from the controller is wirelessly?

I have the play and charge kit and a wireless controller coming but it looks now like the usb cord in the play and charge kit only charges the controller dosent transfer data through usb?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I guess I am just rolled over on the double wording marketing of microsoft. Of course a product called play and charge wont let you play on PC I am an idiot. Well I guess I will sell 3 pairs of the controllers and the matching limited lime green plaqy and charge kits and get one of those recievers. I really wouldnt have bought the 3 extra play and charge kits if I knew this. boy microsoft still stupifys me sometimes and if the controller had a decent D-pad none of this would matter anyway..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost2501 View Post
Well I guess I will sell 3 pairs of the controllers and the matching limited lime green play and charge kits and get one of those recievers.
Good luck finding one in stock other than Ebay. They have been discontinued for some time.

Also, let me know what you want for one of those green controllers and play&charge kits.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
If the controller is WIRED, you can plug it in and it will work with the drivers. If it's WIRELESS, the wire adapter will only charge it, as the USB wire adapter only carries electricity, not data from the computer to the controller.

·
Registered
629 Posts
u should definitely get the wireless receiver if you can find it. i use it all the time especially when im playin snes and n64 roms. it'll let you connect 4 controllers for multiplayer action. i found it here.

http://www.bargainslane.com/product_...oducts_id=1136

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost2501 View Post
if the controller had a decent D-pad none of this would matter anyway..
if you have a dremel and an old playstation controller you dont mind destroying, then you can make the xbox controller perfect. im gonna post pics of it when i get home.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow one wireless puck will let you use 4 controllers on PC I assumed only one, that seems like the only bonus I have found so far with this deal. I can't use the wired version as this one has the fixed 16-d-pad and the regular ones dont. I had a wired controller but I couldnt use the d-pad for Roms like zelda and dragon warrior etc.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3 View Post
If the controller is WIRED, you can plug it in and it will work with the drivers. If it's WIRELESS, the wire adapter will only charge it, as the USB wire adapter only carries electricity, not data from the computer to the controller.
And yet it has the data lines wired in? I have never understood this.
Take a play and charge lead apart and you will see it has both data lines green and white.
Anyone know why?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Wired controllers are a blessing, I use it all the time for some PC games that just don't feel right using a keyboard and mouse. The wireless adapter is pretty expensive too from what I remember trying to find it. I just got a wired controller off somone here, which I might buy another as a matter of fact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts