Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment my wireless network is setup as follows...

GUIDE:

------ = Wired Ethernet
-+-+- = Wireless

NETWORK:

Phoneline ------ DG834G ------ PC Lounge
-+-+- PC Loft WG111
-+-+- PC Bedroom WG111 ------ 360

Ok so looking at the above guide my network is as follows, phoneline wired to DG834G Wireless Router which is wired ethernet to PC in lounge and the DG834G is sending out a secure wireless to 2 PCs one in loft one in abother bedroom. I have a 360 wired ethernet to my PC which is bridged via the ethernet to the USB WG111 so my 360 has Live access.

This works fine but my WG111 is pretty lame on signal and I get 40% strength which drops out now and then.

I have a WGE111 Game Bridge spare so my plan is...

Phoneline ------ DG834G------ PC Lounge
-+-+- PC Loft WG111
-+-+- WGE111 Game Bridge ------ PC Bedroom ------ 360

My mobo has dual LAN controller's so can I using ethernet cable connect one to the WGE111 Game Bridge and the other to the 360 and bridge the connection this way.

The WGE111 has a better signal reception/output than the WG111 USB wireless adapter.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
hi if your wireless signal is low poss your channal may be the same as someone close to you ie if you and a neighbor are using channal 1 both with interfear with each other. ans change your channal to 6 or 11 this will help if this is the case hope this helps you

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already gone through the channels... Same results on all

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
Try updating drivers for your wireless adapter,also try different encryption.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
put dd-wrt on it, increase the antenna power and put a small, quite fan on it (optional) dd-wrt alone should make it run better.

also, yes you can. hook both cables up and then go in to network settings, select the two, and right click bridge connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts