Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents have a Arcadyan VGV7519 modem from their ISP. Last week their wireless network stopped. I've tried several things to solve the problem but couldn't find a solution. The ISP delivered a new modem, same type, but the problem also exists with that modem.

I've got it up and running now and the solution turned out to be to use one of the following channels: 5, 6, 11, 12, 13. With any other channel the network just drops. Using a signal scanner not even the faintest signal can be detected.

The problem exists all over the house, cupboard, living room, dining room, bedrooms, so if it's an inteference problem I can't figure out what it could be. Any ideas to what it could be?

·
Just Lift Bro
3,234 Posts
Well....most countries have an approved channels list to use for wifi though i think the uk and netherlands are very similar

so interference wise it could be anything other routers maybe? a microwave/tv/monitor/electric box

very hard to tell maybe do a trial and error switching off some devices and trying the channel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylzer View Post

Well....most countries have an approved channels list to use for wifi though i think the uk and netherlands are very similar

so interference wise it could be anything other routers maybe? a microwave/tv/monitor/electric box

very hard to tell maybe do a trial and error switching off some devices and trying the channel.
I think I've ruled out any interference. Microwave wasn't anywhere near the modem, no other routers connected right now, the neighbours are fifteen meters away and I can only see their router 10% of the time, and it's on a different channel.

The channels that do work get full speeds when downloading from the internet. Same download speeds as with a cable (29Mbps vs 28.8Mbps). I've also tried a seperate router and that works on all channels. Since it happened on two ISP modems I figured my parents are really unlucky or perhaps a corrupt firmware of sorts. The ISP says they've been using this firmware for over half a year now but has offered to send a third modem to see if that fixes the problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts