Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running a crap P3 663MHz, 256Ram, GeForce4 Mx440, and my cpu temps are like a bit below room temp.

Being like a nub i am, should i overclock this? since i know my P3 cant go above 800Mhz, should i just clock it like 50-60, even tho it wont make much of a diffrence?

btw, i do game alot, just wanna try doing this without blowing it.. Yet. =P

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
oc the video card first

get coolbits and click detect optimal settings, then clikc apply..

and for the cpu.. i'd put it to 800 but youre ram and psu might hold you back

and if you can put it to 800 and everything is stable.. add a fan blowing onto the cpu

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

Im running a crap P3 663MHz, 256Ram, GeForce4 Mx440, and my cpu temps are like a bit below room temp.

Being like a nub i am, should i overclock this? since i know my P3 cant go above 800Mhz, should i just clock it like 50-60, even tho it wont make much of a diffrence?

I would OC it. I have a hard time believing that your temps are below room temperature though, unless you are using a peltier. Even water cooling can not get you below room temperature.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

oc the video card first

get coolbits and click detect optimal settings, then clikc apply..

and for the cpu.. i'd put it to 800 but youre ram and psu might hold you back

and if you can put it to 800 and everything is stable.. add a fan blowing onto the cpu

Absolutely oc the thing its good fun!. Really though yes do it until you feel comfortable that its running fine. Run Prime 95 for a full day and see how it runs. If its stable keep it. Run the benchmark test before OC in prime and then run it after you OC. Youll see a difference.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
yeah i was gonna say that i doubt it's below your room temp man

thats almost impossible unless u have some MAJOR cooling

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Quote:

Fix your temperature sensors. You cant be below room temp and i doubt you spent any money on a phase-change or peltier cooler for a low-end CPU like that

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
go into your bios (tap Delete key when booting)

and change the speed

for the videocard, read my first post

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

allright, some1 give me link on how to OC? lol >.<

look on the right side of the front page, and select either intel- Overclocking Guide or AMD - Overclocking Guide.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so i should overclock my GFC first.. allright. and my cpu isnt room temp, but i put it in a box, and my dad wont let me take it out because hes scared it will mess my pc up.. well, hes a ******. lol =P

Where do i find the program to oc my Geforce4Mx 440?

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

so i should overclock my GFC first.. allright. and my cpu isnt room temp, but i put it in a box, and my dad wont let me take it out because hes scared it will mess my pc up.. well, hes a ******. lol =P

Where do i find the program to oc my Geforce4Mx 440?

ohh and where can i find my cpu specs? i dont know whats in my rig. rofl

im a nub!

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Allright, looks like i have my cpu specs..

My thingy is..

P3 EB
Coppermine
Socket 370 FC-PGA
Volatge-1.647v

Core Speed- 666.7Mhz
multiplyer- 5x
FSB-133.3

SDRAM- 256Mb
3-3-3-6
Not Buffered.

Where do i go from here? i went to the OC thing for intel, but some1 told me to clock my Graphic Card first. then i wanna try clocking the ram and the processor. help! =(

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

yea clock it or get a tulatin cored P3 - they are the best overclocker P3's and they are very cheap on ebay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts