Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a video card that somewhat competently handles Crysis 3 (980ti). I'm playing it yet again now that I have my new card. I'm really wishing there was a Crysis 4 with a new engine. I'm sure it would need a video card upgrade but I would love to see the graphics. I heard they disbanded and now regrouped into some tablet gaming company or some such thing but it seems like a serious loss to the gaming community that the real crisis 4 will never come to be. I enjoy the new COD games but I'll always have a special place in my geek heart for Cysis.

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
5,277 Posts
Yeah, Crysis series has always been my favorite from a technical point of view.

It's easy to make a game that looks good, but runs like crap, and it's easy to make a game that runs well but looks like crap. It's also very easy to make a horrible looking game that runs like trash, just checkout steam greenlight for examples.

Crysis scales beautifully with more powerful hardware. Say what you will about Crytek, but they make super scalable engines, unlike I don't know, Bohemia Interactive games that won't run well even on a super computer.

Not to mention the gameplay of Crysis which has always been great. Crysis 3 multiplayer was the only one I tried, and it was a blast. Multi-level maps granted endless freedom for far more variable combat scenarios than your typical CoD game.

·
Registered
103 Posts
A high end GPU is great for Crysis but don't forget about having a decent CPU as well; it's one of the few PC games notorious for CPU bottlenecking! Also, even though Crytek is mainly working on F2P games right now, if I'm not mistaken they also have some VR interests. Who knows, maybe "Crysis 4" will use next gen graphics + VR.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I sort of wish for one as well, I would love to see the crysis 1 multiplayer brought back, it had a mode very similar conquest on bf4 except you controlled points to purchase weapons and vehicles and had to destroy the enemy base at the end by buying the "super tanks" the maps where huge and it was a complete blast.

I liked the story in the first one as well I can't really comment to much on the most recent games since I never did finish the stories in them mostly because they started getting weird it would be nice to see it go back to the roots of the first game.

·
PC Evangelist
46,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Yeah, Crysis series has always been my favorite from a technical point of view.

It's easy to make a game that looks good, but runs like crap, and it's easy to make a game that runs well but looks like crap. It's also very easy to make a horrible looking game that runs like trash, just checkout steam greenlight for examples.

Crysis scales beautifully with more powerful hardware. Say what you will about Crytek, but they make super scalable engines, unlike I don't know, Bohemia Interactive games that won't run well even on a super computer.

Not to mention the gameplay of Crysis which has always been great. Crysis 3 multiplayer was the only one I tried, and it was a blast. Multi-level maps granted endless freedom for far more variable combat scenarios than your typical CoD game.
Yeah pretty much. CFX and SLI works.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post

I sort of wish for one as well, I would love to see the crysis 1 multiplayer brought back, it had a mode very similar conquest on bf4 except you controlled points to purchase weapons and vehicles and had to destroy the enemy base at the end by buying the "super tanks" the maps where huge and it was a complete blast.
If they had a lan coop mode where you plaid the single player objectives against the computer it would probably be my new favorite game in the whole world although I'd have to buy a second high end video card
smile.gif

I still need to find a premium surround sound wireless headset with deep velour around the ear cups. I've looked and I've looked and everything is pretty mediocre at best. I'd be willing to pay more than $300 but there just isn't anything premium yet. The only feature that I found that I like is in the wireless H Siberia headphones with the dual battery. The dual battery is great but the cushions aren't very deep and they are not cloth so they'll get hot with extended wearing not to mention the sound is just OK. Perhaps they'll make a premium set some day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I loved the first Crysis and was a little disappointed with the two later installments, but I sure hope they make a fourth one and make it as open as the first game was. With extra gorgeousness to once again push boundaries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts